Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon Fiber Parts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last week I purchased L and R mirror skullcaps from SC for $35 each. Carbon Fiber element quoted $400 total to skin them in carbon fiber twill pattern. I'm going for the matte finish to match the rear deck spoiler. Requested a few other quotes on the web today. I'll chime in if I get quotes from them. I watch a few you tube videos to learn more another the process. Seem pretty straight forward, but I'm sure there's a learning curb. Starter kit run about $90 for complete kit including gloves, sand paper etc.

@

what project did they work on with tesla?

Sorry i believe they told me that they work on prototype pieces for tesla and can get the exact same wood that tesla uses on their interiors as a result which is why their wood steering wheel upgrade is spot on.

I think it mentions somewhere that one of there SEMA cars with a custom interior is what inspired Elon to upgrade the Model S interiors.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
@ZERO260 so the skullcaps you are getting is just a overlay not the actual cap?
What I am doing is having CF applied to an actual tesla cap. If you look on evannex and other places you can actually buy a skin and apply it with 2 sided tape for about $120. The former is more expensive and in my oppion will look more professional. I bought the skins from Amazon but was not impressed. They were warped. I Sent them back. If I can't get the original caps off the SC said they would take them off and install the CF covered caps for me. The image with ruler is taped on. I believe the one on the red car was not taped on. Artsci can you chime in. I believe you help install the red one.