TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Carbon Fiber Spoiler Match?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by modelsmagic, Jan 17, 2013.

1. modelsmagic

modelsmagic Member

I am getting my car soon but since I did not go with the performance option, I am not able to get a carbon fiber spoiler. I am thinking of buying the grey rims from the online tesla store but I would still like the CF spoiler. I did some research and I found three possibilities:

2011-up BMW F10 5 Series Carbon Fiber Performance Spoiler 535i 550i 528i : Amazon.com : Automotive

Real Carbon Fiber Trunk Lip Spoiler Wings for BMW 06-11 E90 3-Series Sedan 328i 335i 330i 08-11 M3 Sedan 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Brand : Amazon.com : Automotive

Carbon Fiber Rear Trunk Lip Spoiler Wind Wing for 1997 to 2002 BMW E39 M5 5-Series Sedan : Amazon.com : Automotive

What do you guys think about these spoilers? Would they fit the Model S? Do they look similar? I would really appreciate some feedback from all of you guys (Tesla experts :p)

Thanks!

2. modelsmagic

modelsmagic Member

3. shokunin

shokunin P85 & S40

You're not going to be able to bend or conform those spoilers to fit. They will most likely have a different radius and profile. Best option is to to put a wanted ad on the forums. There a quite a few performance owners who have the CF spoiler on their "due bill". Some of them may end up selling it.