Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carlos Ghosn to be ousted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oil, legacy auto both want to crush/erase Elon & Ghosn. If only to slow down electrification. Which side does Wall Street, Banksters, Madison Avenue (main stream press) support? Who ever pays. Which side has the most money?

That's my theory. When I see aticles that make no sense, or lie/misinform this theory seems to be the simplest and most understandable.

www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201901080022.html

so, carlos ghosn claims that since the compensation is not transferable via estate (death) it is yet to be earnt, therefore it does not need to be disclosed. Its a matter of 'where to draw the line', but in the absence of precedent, it seems reasonable.

this type of case has potential for huge ramifications, Japan's medieval system of detainment until confession must be a strong deterrent against crime, but wrongly detaining an innocent foreign hero, draws attention to its failings. If carlos wins, significant reform will be acted (even if slowly, ie years or decades). Im sure the prosection is away of this

• Helpful
Reactions: Brando
Japan Atomic Reactors - public against (Hiroshima/Nagasaki) but of course very profitable industry and US encourage militarization and even Japan Atomic Bomb making, to threaten China, of course. (usual banking interests as well). So even after Fukushima Japan Government and Industry/banking push. Geothermal, hydro, wind, solar are almost ignored. (geothermal <1% on a volcanic island).
2014 <2% electricity from all renewables combined of all the above - see below report.
Japan could learn a lot from China about renewables at this point in 2018.

I certainly don't know if Japan can start working with China. US would of course fight that trend.
Nissan nearly failed, Ghosn/Renault/France turned it around.
Toyota one of world's most successful, leader in hybrids, yet to seriously start full electrification.
Society problems include aging/depopulation.

end of my random thoughts for now - good luck Japan

cost $190 billion and climbing (of course some corruption no doubt)
Japan doubles cost estimate for Fukushima cleanup
Think how much renewables just the cleanup money could build.
https://www.eu-japan.eu/sites/default/files/imce/minerva/pvinjapan_report_minerva_fellow.pdf
researching militarism in Japan - a very big topic - below is a story where 50% of US troops are stationed (~807 US bases outside US)

Last edited:
Look back before Trump, before 2016 election. Interesting to see how predictions line up two years later. enjoy.

Reverberations from the economic meltdown of 2007-2008 can still be felt across the globe, even though politicians claim the economy is getting better. Unemployment, cuts in the manufacturing sector, extreme economic inequality - all these symptoms still plague nations, including the US. However, the worst is, possibly, yet to come, as some economists warn. What’s behind this dreary outlook? What’s causing the economic troubles in the world? We ask a world-famous investor, publisher of the "Gloom Boom Doom Report" - Marc Faber.

For those who hadn't been following, he'd be held under hostage justice for quite a long time. They can apparently question him w/o lawyers present. They kept re-arresting him.

Finally, he was let out for awhile and then re-arrest again then barred from having any contact with his wife. His wife said she didn't feel safe in Japan. Then, he got let out again. But, it seems somehow he fled or something like that. There are a lot more posts about all the development since he was ousted at Carlos Ghosn ousted over financial misconduct - My Nissan Leaf Forum.

Lisa Du on Twitter - has a statement supposedly from Ghosnhttps://twitter.com/lisadont/status/1211850051158282241
Ousted Nissan chairman Carlos Ghosn confirms he's left Japan, says he 'escaped injustice and political persecution'

Why would Nissan care about any of that?
Because as the other links have said, Nissan grew to be larger than Renault. Renault had a controlling stake in Nissan while Nissan had non-voting shares (and a smaller share) in Renault. It was the smaller company controlling the larger one.

Rumors were that there were plans in the works to have a full merger of Renault and Nissan, which means Nissan wouldn't be able to wriggle out. Perhaps the Japanese didn't want to be in such a situation throwing Ghosn under the bus was a form of "palace coup".

Corruption at the government level (some might characterize as lawless) seems taking over all western democracies.
US endless wars and +800 military bases most everywhere even in our allied countries.
French, Hong Kong, Chile demonstrations you can make your own list.
UK Brexit vote still not done, what 3 years after vote?
Assange, Manning, John Chris Kiriakou - how is their jailing allowed?
When was the last time the US Supreme Court decided in the favor of a person and not for corporations?
Well, you get my drift. You can easily make your own list.

I received a push alert about this tweet from Elon regarding Ghosn...
Elon Musk on Twitter

elon-tweet.png

• Funny
Reactions: renim
^^^
I finished watching the above piece with very annoying ads and all. Was decent.

I used the CNBC iPad app and there are 3 minute long non-skippable segments which seem to play some of the same ads.
icon_e_sad.gif
At least I was able to send it to my TV via AirPlay when I was near my big TV.

Guy makes millions and he thinks he shouldn't pay taxes. He is from France and CEO of Renault as well. Wonder what his French salary is? Millions isn't enough? This is why capitalism will/is failing - [no, not because he can't figure out how to cheat regular tax payers - but because he thinks he doesn't need to pay taxes while all others should].

Why should a company worry about management following the law?
Why worry about anyone following the law?

You want to live in a land of laws? or in a lawless land? It does seem lawlessness is winning. Which may Explain why we have 8 lawless wars.

Just learned US had ~3,500 military operations in Africa last year. I'm sure they didn't kill too many people.
I admit, I can't tell fake news from actual facts on this story. I'm currently having to take back what I wrote before and I am starting to think that Nissan in the wrong and Renault being far too greedy and Ghosn caught in the middle. This may be the final nail in the Nissan coffin. Leaf not improving fast enough, in my humble opinion. Will be interesting to watch.
good luck Nissan - try harder.

side note: Tesla, Inc. - Wikipedia.

Nissan can survive well enough without Ghosn, contingency planing and all that..
but Nissan also purged those with Ghosn sympathies, thats dumb, and likely to really bite Nissan, perhaps to the point of bankruptcy.

Nissan ariya is the next gen EV from Nissan, current Nissan LEAF 2020's motor&controller is reputed to have finally overtaken Tesla on a power per kg basis (a crown Tesla held since forever) so it is likely that the next gen Ariaya will be, remarkably competitive vs most non Chinese peers, for the class of vehicle it belongs to. Rogue/RAV4 SUV EV

Mr. Ghosn (pronounced “Goan”) has been credited with reviving Japan's Nissan car company and the French automaker Renault, in an alliance that later expanded to include Mitsubishi Motors of Japan. Last year, the three companies sold 10.6 million cars.Nov 21, 2018
[\quote]

Perhaps all three - Nissan, Renault, Mitsubishi - still exist because of Ghosn? Fired Ghosn - no one to take over?. AND the Nissan/Renault problems (I have no idea how Mitsubishi fits into all this. How long did it take Renault & Nissan & Mitsubishi to get new CEOs?

1 April 2017 Ghosn steps down.

I very seriously doubt anyone has even matched Tesla in batteries/power electronics/electric motors.
No one has matched Model S of 2013. Note: Porsche Taycan
Anyway, would read whatever you have to offer that Nissan even matches 2013 Model S. And certainly not the lighter Model 3.

Leaf did come to market BEFORE Model S and the Leaf has been world wide leader in sales. Larger battery offered. Does Nissan Leaf do any temperature control of battery pack? Interesting side note: The Leaf may be on sale in more states than Tesla? Internationally ? I don't know. But they are a much older company than Tesla.

Anyway, it will be interesting to watch what happens. Tesla Roadster/S/X/3 and now Y. Nissan just the Leaf. Go Nissan, go.:D

Reactions: Watts_Up
Tesla single-handedly created the modern electric-car movement. Nissan picked up on it and built electric cars for the less-affluent. Tesla showed that an electric car does not have to be a golf cart. Nissan showed that an electric car does not have to be expensive. In 2010 Tesla's announced goal was to build an affordable electric car that ordinary working-class folks could afford, but it was Nissan that did that. The Leaf is not nearly as good as the Teslas, but also it's not nearly as expensive. I know several people who drive Leafs, and they all love them. It's a fine car. I hope that Ghosn's departure does not affect Nissan's commitment to the Leaf.

Tesla single-handedly created the modern electric-car movement. Nissan picked up on it and built electric cars for the less-affluent. Tesla showed that an electric car does not have to be a golf cart. Nissan showed that an electric car does not have to be expensive. In 2010 Tesla's announced goal was to build an affordable electric car that ordinary working-....

Tesla Model S carried the electric car movement over 2012 (the abyss), But they did not single-handedly create the modern electric car movement. Some countries did have deliveries of Tesla Roaster first, other countries had deliveries of Mitsubishi iMiEV first, China had a continuum of Pb battery based EVs before they went Li ion. 【图】无排气管 众泰2008EV电动车惊现杭州_汽车之家 Zoyte 2008 comes to mind as an early Li Ion SUV for the less-affluent.

' In 2006, Ghosn overruled Nissan’s researchers and approved high-volume EV manufacturing.' https://www.business-standard.com/a...ruling-electric-engineers-110010800019_1.html

• Informative
Tesla Model S carried the electric car movement over 2012 (the abyss), But they did not single-handedly create the modern electric car movement. Some countries did have deliveries of Tesla Roaster first, other countries had deliveries of Mitsubishi iMiEV first, China had a continuum of Pb battery based EVs before they went Li ion. 【图】无排气管 众泰2008EV电动车惊现杭州_汽车之家 Zoyte 2008 comes to mind as an early Li Ion SUV for the less-affluent.

' In 2006, Ghosn overruled Nissan’s researchers and approved high-volume EV manufacturing.' https://www.business-standard.com/a...ruling-electric-engineers-110010800019_1.html

Those Chinese electric cars were little better than golf carts (a Zap Xebra was my daily driver for four years). The Mitsubishi iMiEV had a range of 100 miles at best and took 16 seconds to get from zero to sixty. A small improvement over the Zap Xebra but still a car that nobody but a dedicated EV enthusiast would buy. The best you could say was that it was a step up from the typical backyard DIY conversion. I think I saw one, once, at an EV Day show, but I don't think anybody was selling them locally.

It was Tesla that started the modern EV movement by building EVs that car enthusiasts could love. The Roadster was beautiful (Lotus gets the credit for that) and blew away nearly everything else on the road including most muscle cars. Then the Model S showed that an EV could be luxurious as well as a torque monster. Tesla brought electric cars into the mainstream. Nissan was the only other company committed to making EVs in serious numbers, and in doing so filled in the lower-priced market niche that Tesla had apparently decided to abandon in spite of its earlier commitment to making an affordable EV for the masses. Or maybe they decided that with the Leaf, that market was covered.

There were already plenty of people doing DIY conversions, and there were NEVs and peculiarities like the Xebra and odds and ends. There was the White Zombia, a one-off dragster that totally owned the drag strip. People thought my Xebra was cute and they loved the idea of an electric car, but they all said they needed something more like a real car. It was Tesla and Nissan that got those people into EVs by building real, practical cars, in sufficient numbers to satisfy the new demand. And Nissan only did it because Tesla had put the writing on the wall: The future is electric. It was Tesla that made people see that an EV can be a real car and in so doing created the modern EV movement.

• Informative