Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carrier Direct Delivery - Registration Paperwork?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all.

Bottom line up front: has anyone taken direct delivery (i.e. shipment to their house) recently and received the paperwork to register their vehicle? It’s been over two weeks since my car has arrived and I’m still not legally allowed to drive it.

Took delivery of an SR+ in Oklahoma on 12/13, via a vehicle carrier/transport company. This is due to the fact that Tesla does not have a sales license in the state, requiring them to mail all paperwork/certificates to title/register the car after delivery.

Tesla’s own guidance/website says this paperwork will be sent 7-10 days after delivery. My delivery advisor confirmed this via email about a week ago, but has been radio silence since.

I am happy to contact the division that does this myself (as my delivery advisor indicated that it was not he himself that fills it out/mails it but another division, without specifying details), but do not have any direct contact methods for them.

Anyone else running into this issue? I can and will get pulled over for driving without tags if I drive it, and I don’t have a certificate of origin/manufacture to register it with the OK DMV.

Thanks for your time. Would love to see my car be more than just a fancy iPod/garage dweller.

...Anyone else running into this issue?...

I wouldn't drive without proper paperwork.

I've heard a similar delay before and you will get your paperwork eventually.

I think one of the delays is the first refundable 7-day period.

I think after that as they see there's no refund claim, Tesla may use an outside company to handle your paperwork.

It's only as fast as that unknown company's efficiency.

Maybe Tesla should handle the paperwork inhouse instead.

It's unfortunate that Tesla does not communicate very well on this issue.

I wouldn't drive without proper paperwork.

I've heard a similar delay before and you will get your paperwork eventually.

I think one of the delays is the first refundable 7-day period.

I think after that as they see there's no refund claim, Tesla may use an outside company to handle your paperwork.

It's only as fast as that unknown company's efficiency.

Maybe Tesla should handle the paperwork inhouse instead.

It's unfortunate that Tesla does not communicate very well on this issue.

EDIT: looks like on what I am waiting on is the Manufacturer Certificate of Origin (looks like a title but is from Tesla). Others on this forum and the Tesla official forum have said it takes as many as 2.5-3 weeks to receive this. What a bummer.

Thanks for the response. If anyone else has had experience with this I will appreciate your input, too.

Last edited: