Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CBC News: The National - Tesla FUD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

*Shakes head*

Can't wait to see what they have to say about Tesla 1 year from now...

The intro was so negative... saying that they shut down the production line but not explaining why (to improve efficiency and output). It's really sad how opinion driven news has become. We really need unbiased news (pure fact reporting) to come back. Not everything has to be an editorial.

The beginning was rough, but I thought the piece rounded out ok.
Agreed, I don't think it was totally negative - I think it overall showed Tesla as a company doing big important things, having some problems doing so, but with a lot of supporters in their corner. Tesla supporters got more air time than detractors did.

Agreed that the reason for the shutdown should have been explained better, and with more context on the production delays.

I’m not sure how the temporary shutdown is news-worthy at a national level. But it looks like CBC has tried to blend the interviews it got from the Ontario owners club with the prevailing clickbait headlines for a “balanced” piece.

I think thats what he is getting at. The CBC is paid for by government money and therefore, a liberal propaganda channel
Actually, by law CBC is independent. However, it does have a bias. It leans conservative (small c). Not hard right, just moderate right. There are no liberal commentators or talking heads on any programs. For years they had a show, The 180, which did nothing but propagate hard right wing and corporatist talking points. There was a summer replacement program called The Invisible Hand, about how the Free Market Fairy and unfettered free market without any regulations would bring about heaven on Earth. Whenever a right wing think tank produces a "report" it's printed up on CBC as if it's the gospel truth. Whenever a liberal think tank comes out without a report, on those rare occasions when CBC does print it up they always include a rebuttal from a right wing think tank. All the talking heads on the news are conservative. The last host of The National gave payed speeches to CAPP, and Rex Murphy didn't even bother hiding his right wing leanings.

Actually, by law CBC is independent. However, it does have a bias. It leans conservative (small c). Not hard right, just moderate right. There are no liberal commentators or talking heads on any programs. For years they had a show, The 180, which did nothing but propagate hard right wing and corporatist talking points. There was a summer replacement program called The Invisible Hand, about how the Free Market Fairy and unfettered free market without any regulations would bring about heaven on Earth. Whenever a right wing think tank produces a "report" it's printed up on CBC as if it's the gospel truth. Whenever a liberal think tank comes out without a report, on those rare occasions when CBC does print it up they always include a rebuttal from a right wing think tank. All the talking heads on the news are conservative. The last host of The National gave payed speeches to CAPP, and Rex Murphy didn't even bother hiding his right wing leanings.

Well I would have to disagree with the independent comment (and the right leaning bias).

Liberals pledge $675 million after years of cuts from the former conservative government:
Federal budget pledges $675-million in CBC funding

"CBC has a reputation in Canada as being very progressive/left wing. Supporting left wing political parties may actually be self-serving for the public broadcaster. Liberal governments have consistently offered support for CBC, while Conservative governments have generally cut their budget. Supporting the CBC was in fact one of Justin Trudeau's campaign promises when he came to power with the Liberals during the last election: Stop the Harper Conservative CBC budget cuts

For their part though, CBC has, like any good journalistic establishment should, done its best to remain unbiased, but they definitely have a reputation in Canada for being friendly with Liberals and harsh with Conservatives."

http://nationalpost.com/news/politi...vow-to-pump-up-funding-for-public-broadcaster

Last edited:
Well I would have to disagree with the independent comment (and the right leaning bias).

Liberals pledge $675 million after years of cuts from the former conservative government:
Federal budget pledges $675-million in CBC funding

"CBC has a reputation in Canada as being very progressive/left wing. Supporting left wing political parties may actually be self-serving for the public broadcaster. Liberal governments have consistently offered support for CBC, while Conservative governments have generally cut their budget. Supporting the CBC was in fact one of Justin Trudeau's campaign promises when he came to power with the Liberals during the last election: Stop the Harper Conservative CBC budget cuts

For their part though, CBC has, like any good journalistic establishment should, done its best to remain unbiased, but they definitely have a reputation in Canada for being friendly with Liberals and harsh with Conservatives."

CBC tries to hide its happy face as Liberals and NDP vow to pump up funding for public broadcaster
CBC has a reputation as being very progressive/left wing because conservatives make assumptions, and don't bother to watch/listen/read it. If you do, then the truth become apparent if you pay attention. The being friendly to Liberals is a myth. CBC hasn't had any liberal talking heads on their programs in 20 years. There's only one show I can think of which has a liberal (small l) host. Harper may have hated the CBC, but the CBC did their best to give him the benefit of the doubt.

The problem with prejudice, is if you're inclined not to believe that the CBC is conservative, then you won't bother finding out for yourself.

Reactions: tomas
CBC has a reputation as being very progressive/left wing because conservatives make assumptions, and don't bother to watch/listen/read it. If you do, then the truth become apparent if you pay attention. The being friendly to Liberals is a myth. CBC hasn't had any liberal talking heads on their programs in 20 years. There's only one show I can think of which has a liberal (small l) host. Harper may have hated the CBC, but the CBC did their best to give him the benefit of the doubt.

The problem with prejudice, is if you're inclined not to believe that the CBC is conservative, then you won't bother finding out for yourself.
Ain’t that the truth! There are also too many who are so far left or right that if a media outlet doesn’t align completely with their dogma, it must be the other “side”. Maybe it is actually centrist (small c)?