Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS2 combo adapter for rapid charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sooooo, any chance of getting something like this for us poor schmoes in Canada? CCS and Chademo locations outnumber Tesla Supercharger locations in our province. Snivel...whine...snivel...puleeeeeeeeze Elon make it so.
Which province are you from?

I do agree it would be nice to have a CCS adapter, but in Ontario, I have never had a need or even desire for it so far. The issue with the few CCS station that exist is that there are too few charger each, so it is a crapshoot if there is even a working slot. With superchargers, I have never had a situation where I worry that there won’t be a slot, and I can see the situation on the map before getting there.

Which province are you from?

I do agree it would be nice to have a CCS adapter, but in Ontario, I have never had a need or even desire for it so far. The issue with the few CCS station that exist is that there are too few charger each, so it is a crapshoot if there is even a working slot. With superchargers, I have never had a situation where I worry that there won’t be a slot, and I can see the situation on the map before getting there.

We are in BC. The main corridor from Vancouver to Calgary is well covered. Tesla did a good job covering the most important route and most people don’t have the problem we have, so yah, we get that and encourage Tesla to count on serving the greatest need and not edge cases like ours. We travel a lot in the Kootenays and on the island. The province (and other goverment agencies) are doing a good job on the infrastructure build out. Third phase in construction sites are now on plug share and they are usually up and running within 6 months of them hitting plug share. Chademo and CCS locations outnumber Tesla locations 10 to 1 and that’s even before Petro Canada steps up to the plate. We have used the sites reliably and B.C. hydro is good at keeping people informed. Apparently they used a first generation leaf to figure out distances etc and it’s obvious.

Tesla will eventually catch up but honestly they need to concentrate on the greater good right now. I’ll be happy with a Chademo or CCS adapter for my (hopefully one day) model 3.

We have some time and we changed a few things so don’t have to replace the wife’s car this fall. We can now literally wait until fall 2020. Hoping Tesla has a solution for us by then.

Thanks everyone. I also see two CCS plug types DC only and DC/AC. The adapter looks like CCS
Screenshot 2019-04-29 at 12.30.31.png

This is different to the CCS 2 on the model 3 shown above. Anyone heard which one they plan to release

Thanks everyone. I also see two CCS plug types DC only and DC/AC. The adapter looks like CCS View attachment 401924
This is different to the CCS 2 on the model 3 shown above. Anyone heard which one they plan to release

I'm not sure what you mean. The model 3 CCS port, like all CCS cars, has a complete type 2 plug and then the two DC pins.

The adapter will likely be like all CCS DCFC cables, the same shape but missing the AC pins from the type 2, which are irrelevant for DCFC.