Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Combo 1 to tesla adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just bought this adapter as I found that the adapter given when I bought my Model3 a couple of months ago doesnt work at supercharging stations. The pamphlet that came with this new adapter says it is "rated for any Level 3 Fast Charging Station with CCS Plug in North America". Will this work on any Level 2 non tesla charging station? I dont see any Level 3 charging stations anywhere near me.

I just bought this adapter as I found that the adapter given when I bought my Model3 a couple of months ago doesnt work at supercharging stations. The pamphlet that came with this new adapter says it is "rated for any Level 3 Fast Charging Station with CCS Plug in North America". Will this work on any Level 2 non tesla charging station? I dont see any Level 3 charging stations anywhere near me.
You should have received a level 2 adapter with your car. Also called a J1772 adapter.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
Upvote 0
Your location says Maryland, so I'm assuming United States plug types for all of this, and I think you may have some confusion about plug types or names of station types.
I just bought this adapter as I found that the adapter given when I bought my Model3 a couple of months ago doesnt work at supercharging stations.
If it's a Tesla Supercharger (TM), that already has the correct Tesla plug shape and just goes straight into your car's charge port. There is no adapter needed.
Will this work on any Level 2 non tesla charging station?
The level 2 stations use a plug called J1772. That generally looks like a round plug shape with five pins in it. Your car came with an adapter for that already that was probably somewhere in that lower area under the back trunk. That doesn't use a CCS adapter.

I dont see any Level 3 charging stations anywhere near me.
CCS is level 3 fast DC charging. So you bought the CCS adapter but haven't had any place to be able to try it out yet? A CCS plug is a big chunky thing that looks a little like the J1772 plug on the top half of it, but also has two big fat pins attached underneath at the bottom.

Upvote 0
Price increase from $175 to $250!

Upvote 0