Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cell phone holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got this mount and placed it on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. Got a 10ft micro usb cable and ran it under the dash to the center console. Works well.

Wireless Car Charger Spedal 2-in-1 Magnetic Vehicle Mount Phone Holder Air Vent or Dashboard for iPhone X/iPhone 8 Plus/ iPhone 8/ Samsung Galaxy Note 8/S8/S8 Plus and All Qi-Enabled Devices https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075TWMXZB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_H3bRAbWWXVNJX

I have a 2017 Model X and have an iPhone X with Qi wireless charging.

I bought this a few weeks ago and think it's the best solution. I have no affiliation with the company of its product; just a happy customer.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078N73151/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It doesn't require any magnets which was a non starter for me as I didn't want any special cases or things to stick on the back my phone. I have the Apple leather case (fairly thin) and it charges wirelessly without any issues. I also didn't want a suction cup mounted holder either.

It really sets itself apart from other solutions I've seen, for these reasons:

1. You can place it in the cradle (drops right in) and remove it in the cradle with one hand. If you don't manhandle it, it stays in the same position as you placed it. When it is placed in the holder, the two side adjusters automatically squeeze in the snuggly holds the phone in place. I've been over bumps, driven aggreessively and the phone does not fall out.

2. It uses Qi-wireless, so there is nothing to fumble with to plug in. Drop in and it starts charging.

3. It clips directly to the air vent and it sticks out far enough to clear the top edge of the dash board. The line of sight to it is perfect (to me) and works well with the face recognition. It's completely adjustable to the angle you want it as well.

The only thing I haven't really tested is the charging speed. It continues to charge when my phone is under heavy use -- WAZE going and bluetooth streaming music, but very slowly. It is currently plugged directly to my USB port, but will try a high rated cigarette lighter adapter.