TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Center console touchscreen no response.

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by j1nr0h, May 22, 2014.

1. j1nr0h

j1nr0h Member

Hi Guys, anyone have ran into a problem where the touchscreen is frozen on one screen and has no response? My S85 is only 2 months and 2 days old.

Backstory: I didn't drive the Tesla yesterday. This morning when I get in the car there's a prompt for firmware update. I already havethe latest 5.9 firmware so I was a little confused, then got excited when I thought it might be 6.0. When I tried to schedule the update for a later time the touchscreen doesn't work. Then a car need service icon lit up. The car still drives fine as far as I can tell. There is no 3g. The dash still works. I'll try and bring it in later today to see what's wrong.

2. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Member

Did you try rebooting it?

3. j1nr0h

j1nr0h Member

I did try to reboot it. Only the dash rebooted. The touchscreen didn't shut off and reset.

4. JPP

JPP Active Member

Did you press the 2 rollers to reboot or the 2 upper buttons? There are 2 different reboots on the S...

5. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

Unless a reboot clears it (or even if it does, but doesn't stay cleared), you may need a new center screen. It's rare, but a few of us have had to replace them. Mine would go bonkers and think lots of things were being pressed, often locking up the screen afterwards and making it non-touch responsive even though the app that was up would still update, such as the Nav.