Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center console touchscreen no response.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys, anyone have ran into a problem where the touchscreen is frozen on one screen and has no response? My S85 is only 2 months and 2 days old.

Backstory: I didn't drive the Tesla yesterday. This morning when I get in the car there's a prompt for firmware update. I already havethe latest 5.9 firmware so I was a little confused, then got excited when I thought it might be 6.0. When I tried to schedule the update for a later time the touchscreen doesn't work. Then a car need service icon lit up. The car still drives fine as far as I can tell. There is no 3g. The dash still works. I'll try and bring it in later today to see what's wrong.

Hi Guys, anyone have ran into a problem where the touchscreen is frozen on one screen and has no response? My S85 is only 2 months and 2 days old.

Backstory: I didn't drive the Tesla yesterday. This morning when I get in the car there's a prompt for firmware update. I already havethe latest 5.9 firmware so I was a little confused, then got excited when I thought it might be 6.0. When I tried to schedule the update for a later time the touchscreen doesn't work. Then a car need service icon lit up. The car still drives fine as far as I can tell. There is no 3g. The dash still works. I'll try and bring it in later today to see what's wrong.
Did you try rebooting it?

Unless a reboot clears it (or even if it does, but doesn't stay cleared), you may need a new center screen. It's rare, but a few of us have had to replace them. Mine would go bonkers and think lots of things were being pressed, often locking up the screen afterwards and making it non-touch responsive even though the app that was up would still update, such as the Nav.