Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center Console Upgrade!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my Cup Holder Tray Center Console this weekend. My only real complaint about it if I put my phone(iPhone X) in one of the cup holders, my phone falls over when driving sometimes. I know it's not meant to be a phone holder, but the cup holders aren't very deep and a lot of people do like to throw their phone in them. Also, the cup holders aren't wide, so one of my water bottles from the gym won't fit. In 2 years, I have yet to find a good solution I like that holds my Phone at a good angle without blocking vents or the MCU.

Overall, I like it though.

I really like Skyline’s dock in this video:
Amazon Tesla iPhone X / Xs Case Docks Great!

I posted it as a follow up to this review:
Tesla iPhone X (Xs) Case Review

Product Links:
Case Friendly Phone Dock - Model S/X for V2 Console

Case Friendly Universal Phone Guides - Model S/X for V2 Console

Premium - Model S/X Quick Connection Case Friendly Phone Dock

Tesla iPhone X Case
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L9DSWSH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_gFKxCb40SCYVY

I just got my Cup Holder Tray Center Console this weekend. My only real complaint about it if I put my phone(iPhone X) in one of the cup holders, my phone falls over when driving sometimes. I know it's not meant to be a phone holder, but the cup holders aren't very deep and a lot of people do like to throw their phone in them. Also, the cup holders aren't wide, so one of my water bottles from the gym won't fit. In 2 years, I have yet to find a good solution I like that holds my Phone at a good angle without blocking vents or the MCU.

Overall, I like it though.

Product Links:

Tesla iPhone X Case

Thanks. My phone fits fine with the stock Tesla guides, but the viewing angle from that location is terrible. If you are a red light or pulled over, you have to take the phone out to see and use it :(

Thanks. My phone fits fine with the stock Tesla guides, but the viewing angle from that location is terrible. If you are a red light or pulled over, you have to take the phone out to see and use it :(
I try not to look at my phone when driving.
If absolutely necessary, I’ll say “Hey Siri, read my texts” or “Hey Siri, read my emails”
Works well for me. Your mileage may vary.

I try not to look at my phone when driving.
If absolutely necessary, I’ll say “Hey Siri, read my texts” or “Hey Siri, read my emails”
Works well for me. Your mileage may vary.

Yes, agreed, but at red lights or parked, it’s inconvenient. That being said, I have an Apple leather case, now considering the Tesla case. Is it a nice leather like the Apple one? Amazon reviews say it won’t fit the Tesla dock, forcing one to buy the Skyline dock. SMH.

Last edited:

Product Links:

Tesla iPhone X Case

I installed the stock Tesla docking kit for USB-C just now. It's Ok. The guides seem to only work for iPhone and not for any other phones as I have the USB Type C dock for my OnePlus 6T phone and the guides do not work. Plus, can't seem to get the phone to charge with a case one.

Yes, agreed, but at red lights or parked, it’s inconvenient. That being said, I have an Apple leather case, now considering the Tesla case. Is it a nice leather like the Apple one? Amazon reviews say it won’t fit the Tesla dock, forcing one to buy the Skyline dock. SMH.
It’s actually vegan leather. Feels like leather though. I like it better than the apple leather case. Much better protection. I suspect it will fit in the stock Tesla Dock. You should loosen the screw and slide the connector around for the perfect easy fit The great thing is that it’s Amazon. Easy returns!

• Love
Reactions: mbhforum
Are they shipping this product or still on pre-order status?
I preordered it and received this email on 7/8/19:
Dear Customer,
Good day to you and thanks for your order, this is Jane from TapTes.
We know you're very excited to receive the product and have waited for a long time. We feel excited too since we put much effort and time into the product. We sincerely hope everything is perfect and you'll be happy with the product.
The T-Box delivery time will be and delay and shipped on July 25th, and we really hope you could wait patiently for a more couple days. Your kind patience will be greatly appreciated. We'll work extra hours and arrange more staff to ship all the orders out ASAP.

Cool, which means they're shipping them and not on pre-order. I'll probably order 1 soon. Thanks

I preordered it and received this email on 7/8/19:
Dear Customer,
Good day to you and thanks for your order, this is Jane from TapTes.
We know you're very excited to receive the product and have waited for a long time. We feel excited too since we put much effort and time into the product. We sincerely hope everything is perfect and you'll be happy with the product.
The T-Box delivery time will be and delay and shipped on July 25th, and we really hope you could wait patiently for a more couple days. Your kind patience will be greatly appreciated. We'll work extra hours and arrange more staff to ship all the orders out ASAP.