Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center Parcs / Vend Electric charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone recently used the pre booked EV charging spaces at a Center Parcs? Looks like they are run by Rolec/VendElectric.

No pricing on Center Parcs website and site does not even appear on VendElectric app so completely at a loss how much these cost other than they may be charged by time and possibly a connection charge. Phone call to Center Parcs helpline did give a tentative price (20p/7kW) but that made no sense whatsoever. I'm guessing you don't get to find out until you get there by which time it is too late to try somewhere else.

I went 6 Months ago to Elveden and got a 25kwh charge for 9.75 (incl VAT) which works out at 39p/kWh (however electric costs have reduced since). Charging didnt start untill late in the evening essentially off-peak (11pm to 5am I think) and you will need the VendElectric App.

• Helpful
Reactions: MrBadger
I stayed at Sherwood last month and prebooked a charge. 39p per unit, only ran off peak. 7kw chargers, easy to use once the app was set up and it charged my card, rather than having to pre load the account (which I hate).
The only issue was my prebooked space was ICEd and security were rubbish (sorry I’m sure they’ll move later when everyone unpacks)….
Luckily only half were booked and I was able to use a free one.
They really need a Marshall on arrival day to ensure booked spaces are protected.
IMG_8431.jpeg

easy to use once the app was set up and it charged my card, rather than having to pre load the account (which I hate).

How did you get it to charge your card rather than preload/topup wallet? Only option that I see is to topup ‘wallet’ with a set amount. Doesn’t seem to be any difference selecting PAYG or Wallet. No option that I can see to add payment details without going through the topup wallet screen. I’ll probably just topup £5.

1700322714619.png

Last edited:
How did you get it to charge your card rather than preload/topup wallet? Only option that I see is to topup ‘wallet’ with a set amount. Doesn’t seem to be any difference selecting PAYG or Wallet. No option that I can see to add payment details without going through the topup wallet screen. I’ll probably just topup £5.

View attachment 991773
Yes, before I got there that seemed to be the only option.
Turn up, scan the QR code with the app and it’ll allow you to register a payment card (fun if it’s raining).