Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Centre Console Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed a Kenriko console wrap in my Model 3 last August (carbon matte). It looked absolutely beautiful for several months. In the hot weather earlier this year a couple of small bubbles appeared, about 3-4mm across. I punctured them with a fine pin and managed to smooth them down. Leaving the car in hot sun for much of a day this month, a much larger bubble arose, about the size of a 2p piece, with very solid air in it, which I couldn't successfully smooth back. In spite of my care in installation, I must have failed to completely expel all the air.

I have just replaced the wrap with a cover. The wrap came off easily and cleanly, and the Torque Alliance cover also looks beautifully neat. I expect to get no problem with that. Moral: if you put on a wrap, thoroughly expel all the air, as well as not capturing any dust!

Great thread, thanks to all for contributions - I've found it very helpful. I originally purchased a Kenriko set based on recommendations from around the internet, but despite pretty carefully installing it (including comprehensive cleaning) I've already seen peeling at the edges so I'm really not happy with the wrap. Oh, and of course I got stung with import fees so a couple of sheets of 3M cost me about £60. I have some backup pieces but now thinking to not bother and just go the shell route.

Mine arrived today. Pretty easy to fit. The one with the cup holders you can't go wrong with as overlaps the cup holder holes. The one under the screen was easy as nothing to get in the way as that opens. The middle one slightly more tricky. Hopefully you can see in the pictures I had to move it up slightly leaving a thin line of the black shiny underneath visible. This was to stop it catching on the cup holder piece. I may need to use more adhesive as had to remove it a couple of times. Torque Alliance instructions say to spray the panel with water first so you can reposition. I did use water but the temperature in the car was so warm it kept evaporating. I was impatient to get ti done but managed it in the end. Also came with the spare longer thin piece. Any idea where this goes?
All looks great and much better than the shiny black plastic. I don't think it's anywhere near worth £50 but not masses of competition and not much cheaper ordering similar from Aliexpress so very happy with the end result.View attachment 564118 View attachment 564119 View attachment 564120
Hi, just checking that all 4 panels have the carbon weave going in the same direction? The smaller piece on my set goes the opposite way, I’ve checked with TA but their response is that their manufacturer says they are all like that?!