Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic coating - did you have the glass done as well?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Zextraterrestrial
what problem did you have? My detailer has offered to put Opti Glass on the windscreen for free but I’m thinking of telling him to put it on the sunroof instead. Not keen on affecting the wipers.
I just got a little bit on and it makes it inconsistent in that part, I'm sure opti glass would be fine/good. Don't think the opticoat is supposed to go on glass.

Coating is Opti-Coat Pro+ and tinting is Madico Black Envy. 7 year warranty.
Opticoat pro+ is a good product. Had it on tesla’s previously. I now use gtechniq crystal serum ultra. Its harder to apply and costs more, but is noticably better than the opticoat. Its even easier to clean (didnt think that was possible) and doesn’t hold the water droplets, which avoids the little calcium rings on the black paint.

I'm not here to pimp Opticoat South Sydney but I got an email from them today saying that "in light of the current situation, we are offering the following services/promotions to make your experience more affordable and as stress-free as possible"
  • 25% off our full range of protective coating services
  • 10% off our paint protection film services
  • Free return Uber service within 15km when dropping off and picking up your vehicle
  • If leaving home is not an option, we can provide a free vehicle pick-up and drop-off service by request
  • Guaranteed 24-hour turnaround (excluding paint protection film services)
I was very happy with the job they did, so if anyone in Sydney is considering ceramic coating or PPF, then this might be of interest.

Clearly economic conditions are tough and getting tougher.