Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic coating question about slickness

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had my car ceramic coated with gtechniq with the 10 year warranty. My question is how come it doesn't feel any different when I run my fingers over it. My buddy had his car done with ceramic pro and it feels like a super slick layer of wax months into it. I really like that waxy new car feel. I need to have ceramic done again after a minor car accident and insurance is going to pay for it. Can I apply the ceramic pro over the gtechniq?

I've never used Ceramic Pro so I don't know if they have a slick feeling. For instance, I used Gyeon Syncro which comes with a layer called Skin. That was very slick feeling layer. You should get a topper like P&S Beadmaker. That will give you another layer of protection, and give you that slick feeling you would want. It's really easy to apply and it's cheap. Youtube beadmaker pan the organizer. I've added it as a topper after my maintenance wash.

You could always consult with your detailer and see what they suggest to use to get what you're looking for.

Here is my ELR after over 1½ years, dirty and rained on (not washed). Still slick, shiny and hydrophobic. (Past) Ready to do my Model 3 if it is every made (COME on Tesla). A lot of upfront work but well worth it.

IMG_4443.jpg

so i coated my own car with carpro cquk and after it was done and cured it was not super slick. it actually felt very much like regular paint. i added a layer of gliss on top which provides that super slick feeling. a few days later was the first rain on the car and water sheeted off like ive never seen before. was awesome. i dont know if it would have done the same without the ceramic but my non windshield windows were only ceramic coated and seems to sheet water just as well. i wouldnt worry about the slickness, if you want it add a sio2 spary on top