Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic Coating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In January I will be without my Models S for three days whilst she is being detailed internally and externally, I have chosen to have a ceramic coating protection applied. The cost will be approximately £450.00 ($580.00) do you think its worth while and am I getting value for money?

Hello, I just had ZX1 (22PLE) coating installed on my S75, and it's worth every penny. I was overwhelmed with the choices and "Catch" words, i.e. Ceramic, Nano, Diamond, Glass, etc. etc. that I just went with the Tesla's suggested detail vendor and what he or she decides to use. The single most important factor IMHO is the corrections needed before anything is applied. My vendor pointed out several spots on our Model S that needed some TLC. I would not have seen any but when shown it was apparent. If the corrections are not fixed, then any imperfection will be accentuated. And to answer your question yes that price is in line for a basic application. I had shopped several detail shops before I used Tesla's vendor.

Good Luck!

Funnily enough I was just having a chat with a detailer who ceramic coated my BMW and he told me he was doing a Tesla soon. Maybe it's yours?

Yes, it's well worth doing as long as it's a proper ceramic or nano coating and applied properly by an experienced detailer. Sounds like you're doing it right as you'd need the car properly cleaned and paint corrected first, otherwise any existing defects will be sealed in by the coating!

Properly done, it will protect your paint for years and any road grime, birt dirt, tree sap etc. will wash off and leave no trace of a mark.
It also makes cleaning rims much easier and that's a job I've always really hated.
All I need to do these days with that car is snow-foam it, rinse it off, give it a quick going over with a small amount of car shampoo, rinse again and dry it with microfibre towels and it looks like I've spent all day waxing and polishing it!

When my Model 3 arrives, it'll be off to the detailers straight away to get the same treatment.

Reactions: an2ony