TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Ceramic Tinting MS in DFW?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by gizmoboy, Jul 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. gizmoboy

gizmoboy Member

Does anyone have any recommendations on a tint job in the metroplex area?

I'm considering a pano roof, and tinting that beyond factory seems like a must-have, so I might as well tint it all around to the extent of the law to improve thermal performance.

2. 7racer

7racer Member

Trey at speedshield

3. JMG

JMG Member

Yep. Trey is awesome. Speed Shield - Clear Bra Dallas

Photosync tint is incredible. I had 35 put on all sides as well as the pano (I wouldn't go 35 over the pano, maybe 55) and then 75 on the windshield.

IMG_20150502_133905133.jpg

I would highly suggest getting a clearshield put on, at least the front. He's best at that as well.

4. Wildcat

Wildcat Member

I went to Sun Mastersin Addison. They did a great job.

5. gizmoboy

gizmoboy Member

When you say 35, I assume you mean the 35% on the ultra level tint job, and darker tint (55%) on the pano? And 75% on the windshield? Is higher clearer?

6. JMG

JMG Member

Yes, the higher the number the clearer it is. It is the percentage of light transfer. So the lower the number, the lower amount of light is transmitted.

I got 35% on all the windows and the pano roof to get maximum heat rejection and the dark look, and then 75% on the windshield for heat rejection (the tint is not noticable at all, so you don't have to worry about getting stopped for it, since it is technically illegal).

If I were to do it over again, I'd do 55% on the pano because the pano is already very heavily tinted. With another 35% over it, it is really dark. In a full sun, summer day, I can just about directly look at the sun it is so dark. So anytime outside of a super bright day, the pano is almost as dark as if there were pano.

7. cab

cab Member

8. gizmoboy

gizmoboy Member

Awesome, thanks for the tip. I will try Trey for my next car (which I hope to be an MS).

9. Boourns

Boourns Active Member

What did all that run you, if you don't mind me asking? I am thinking about photosync 55 on the sides and 75 on the windshield.