Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change configuration / cash to loan after placed order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

theocguy

M3RWD - MSM/BLK/OD:03/22/Picked up 10/31/2022
Feb 11, 2022
Southern CA
Hi there, I am new to Tesla and placed an order on MYLR last week.

While placing an order, I selected Cash option. At what time during the whole waiting journey that i should/can change from cash to loan? Also, at what time would be the latest timeframe to add the tow option?

Thanks

I wouldn’t change to financing until you have a VIN. Otherwise, your financing will likely expire and they’ll have to do another credit pull.

You can change your order at any point before you get a VIN, but it will be considered a “new” order, and you may get reshuffled in line. If a pricing change happens between now and when you change it, the pricing will update to the latest pricing. So, just a warning on that.

I wouldn’t change to financing until you have a VIN. Otherwise, your financing will likely expire and they’ll have to do another credit pull.

You can change your order at any point before you get a VIN, but it will be considered a “new” order, and you may get reshuffled in line. If a pricing change happens between now and when you change it, the pricing will update to the latest pricing. So, just a warning on that.
Thanks RocY. That is what I heard that to wait until I get a VIN and change to financing. Otherwise the loan preapproval might be expired and get another hard pull on credit profile.

IF, highly doubt it, Tesla drops the price, and if I change the configuration, I would get the latest, lower pricing. Is it right too? or get the update to the latest pricing only applies to price increase?

Thanks RocY. That is what I heard that to wait until I get a VIN and change to financing. Otherwise the loan preapproval might be expired and get another hard pull on credit profile.

IF, highly doubt it, Tesla drops the price, and if I change the configuration, I would get the latest, lower pricing. Is it right too? or get the update to the latest pricing only applies to price increase?
Yeah, I’d just recommend knowing how you’re going to finance and have that lined up and ready to go! They should be able to move quickly to get everything situated in time, especially if it’s Tesla or another place that’s familiar with Tesla and how they work.

I believe you’d get the price drop if they ever did drop pricing, though I’d imagine that’s a long, long shot!

Reactions: theocguy
Thanks. Did you go thru Tesla for financing or thru 3rd party?
I went through Third Party (Navy Federal Credit Union) - 75K, 2.29%, 72months. Tesla financing (through their partnered banks) will only finance the car. You will have to pay all taxes and fee's out of pocket. Just in case you were looking to finance all of it. If you are, leave it as cash and apply to your own credit union or financial institution when you get a VIN.

Yeah, I’d just recommend knowing how you’re going to finance and have that lined up and ready to go! They should be able to move quickly to get everything situated in time, especially if it’s Tesla or another place that’s familiar with Tesla and how they work.

I believe you’d get the price drop if they ever did drop pricing, though I’d imagine that’s a long, long shot!
just wonder, based on your signature, are you still waiting for your MY?

You are locked in at the order price, unless you make ANY changes to the configuration, at which point it would update pricing to the new (likely higher price). I would not expect to see a reduction in price for another 2 years, if ever.