Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change from alcantara to cloth on PUP???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have been more clear. As far as I know, very few journalists received a production Model 3 for review. Perhaps you're referring to the Model 3 reveal a couple years back? Those were preproduction vehicles. It's common for things to change between a reveal and the launch. (Just ask me about Model X :).

If I missed a recent event for journalists, I apologize. It's entirely possible. I just saw so many complaining they couldn't get a car to review.
No I was talking about the huge event 5 months ago where they displayed the final production model 3 cars, envied the journalists and gave test drives in the production cars. Ironically journalists actually, on video, remarked about the alcantara headliners and door panels, would have been a great opportunity then to say we are replacing the alcantara with fabric. I’m familiar with show cars being concept cars and that is why normal manufacturers are careful to call them concept or show cars so as not to mislead potential buyers. When refering to a car as final production that is the car that is to be for sale to the public. There certainly would have been complaints from journalists not being invited but if you were not already predisposed to give a rave review you would not be on the guest list. I can’t fault Tesla for that.

Last edited:
But has nothing to do with ambitious production schedules. It's the same answer for non-ambitious production schedules.

If you look at my very first post in this thread, I looked at this as an internal comm issue and something that they probably wish had been handled differently.

Yes, I'm not questioning Tesla's ambition, I'm question its ability to produce on schedule. I thought that was clear.

There is no need to find your first post. You've made the same accusation of poor communication in recent posts. I suspect more generalized incompetence in planning and manufacturing, but I agree that communication is likely to be a part of it.

There is no need to find your first post. You've made the same accusation of poor communication in recent posts. I suspect more generalized incompetence in planning and manufacturing, but I agree that communication is likely to be a part of it.

Yes, I believe that this headliner kerfuffle is most likely due to a breakdown somewhere in internal comms, with no bad intent behind it.

Reactions: colettimj
I’m just going by Tesla’s quote that they always had planned to go with textile at this point in production and was just wondering if you believed this.

Edited to fix spelling

I think it’s a convenient excuse. Why plan to go with textile rather than just start with it from the beginning? Why release all these images with a clearly alcantara headliner? Count me as not impressed.

@bonnie is being circled by the wolves. My money is on @bonnie If I am ever trapped in a foxhole, I want @bonnie at my side.
p0203.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.