Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changed order since price drop but still not updated?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I changed from black P- to white P+ last Wednesday (24th July). Ten minutes later, I got an e-mail scheduling my P- delivery. :(
There's a part of me that is wishing I hadn't changed now.
Got a confirmation e-mail from Tesla on Friday that the order had been changed, but this isn't yet reflected in my account. They also assured me that the change wouldn't delay delivery much (as if!).
Personally, I reckon it will be late September or early October at the earliest.

I emailed them my change from P- to P+ and got a reply within 2-3 days confirming the changes and this appeared in the website a few days later. If you have not received any response, i would send an email to [email protected] again to check on progress
I've just dropped them another e-mail, as it's been 5 days since I made the change. I'm guessing they've probably got hundreds of people in the same situation, so I won't hold my breath. It will happen when it happens. My concern is that I won't be VIN matched to the new spec. if the change hasn't been actioned.

I already had a delivery window for my P-, so the whole thing is a tad frustrating. Still, better car for same money can't be sniffed at.

so phoned Tesla again late afternoon today. Spoke to nice bloke called Ben. He said yep, I see your request to change....somebody has just forgotten to submit.:mad: He then said let me click submit now while you are on the phone and send it to order operations to change. 40 mins later new agreement emailed and my account updated. I am lost for words at the ineptitude of some people. I ordered June 6th and am worried this mix up has cost me a VIN for any of the cars coming on ships in August.

I requested a change from LR AWD to P+ on the day the price drop was announced. Having heard nothing I emailed DeliveryGB on Friday and everything changed today (email and my account page).

Hi - could you please share the deliveryGB email address. My account / order agreement is still not changed despite modifying my order on 16th July.

EDIT - found the email address :)

Last edited:
Reactions: meavydev
Some good news and some bad news. I've just had a mail from Tesla showing my change from P- to P+ following the price change on July 16th. Problem is the invoice shows they have costed it as a £3700 upgrade and not a £550 upgrade !!!

This is getting a bit tedious now :mad:

Last edited:
Some good news and some bad news. I've just had a mail from Tesla showing my change from P- to P+ following the price change on July 16th. Problem is the invoice shows they have costed it as a £3700 upgrade and not a £550 upgrade !!!

This is getting a bit tedious now :mad:
Is your new final price £53,490?
This assumes you've switched to new performance in white with black interior.
If so, then the price difference is because the Tesla paperwork doesn't show the £3,500 government grant, whereas the website automatically takes it off the price it shows.

I've just checked by building a new car, and the website says it will cost £49,990. When you add the grant, you get the figure on the paperwork.

Is your new final price £53,490?
This assumes you've switched to new performance in white with black interior.
If so, then the price difference is because the Tesla paperwork doesn't show the £3,500 government grant, whereas the website automatically takes it off the price it shows.

I've just checked by building a new car, and the website says it will cost £49,990. When you add the grant, you get the figure on the paperwork.

My bottom line final price is £56,640 (excluding grant) take off £850 (delivery) and take off the grant gives £52290. It should be £49140 as you say.

The line items are:
Model 3 AWD Long range performance £52090
Solid Black Paint included (but I asked for white)
Performance upgrade £3700
Delivery £850
Total including VAT £56640

Can't see how this makes any sense.

My bottom line final price is £56,640 (excluding grant) take off £850 (delivery) and take off the grant gives £52290. It should be £49140 as you say.

The line items are:
Model 3 AWD Long range performance £52090
Solid Black Paint included (but I asked for white)
Performance upgrade £3700
Delivery £850
Total including VAT £56640

Can't see how this makes any sense.

My original car was for a P- in black.
Invoice showed £52,090 as base price of the car plus £850 delivery and registration.
Total was £52,940. Price with grant was £49,440.

New invoice shows base price of £50,590.
Performance upgrade is costed at £2,050.
Total cost (including delivery etc.) is £53,490.
Price with grant is then £49,990.

Difference is, as you say in your post, £550.

Whoever made your change has got it wrong. The performance upgrade should be priced at £2,050 for people who upgraded from the P-.

Having originally modified my order on 16 July (P- to LRAWD) but with no updated order agreement yet despite it being confirmed on a couple of phone calls, I emailed the DeliveryGB address today to request an update. My order agreement was subsequently updated this afternoon with revised spec / pricing and I got another email which narrowed down the delivery date from 12-25 August to 17-24 August. Progress :)

Reactions: Keeper
My original car was for a P- in black.
Invoice showed £52,090 as base price of the car plus £850 delivery and registration.
Total was £52,940. Price with grant was £49,440.

New invoice shows base price of £50,590.
Performance upgrade is costed at £2,050.
Total cost (including delivery etc.) is £53,490.
Price with grant is then £49,990.

Difference is, as you say in your post, £550.

Whoever made your change has got it wrong. The performance upgrade should be priced at £2,050 for people who upgraded from the P-.

Spoke to Tesla UK today and they agreed the price on the invoice was a cock up. No explanation on how it happened. They will change it and re-issue, but they reckoned it will take another week !! I had a bit of a rant at this point as it was their mistake and they said they would try to improve on that time.

Spoke to Tesla UK today and they agreed the price on the invoice was a cock up. No explanation on how it happened. They will change it and re-issue, but they reckoned it will take another week !! I had a bit of a rant at this point as it was their mistake and they said they would try to improve on that time.
Sadly, I don't think you're the only one to experience a mistake like this. When I asked to change my order, I had to follow up with them three times before it was actually actioned.

Personally. I feel sorry for customer services staff, as this was inflicted on them by Tesla HQ with little or no notice. With the sheer volume of requests, mistakes do creep in. I've done it myself.

Hopefully, they'll get this sorted for you quickly.

What a farce! Same happened to me! Changed black to pearl white specifically for the price drop and the new lower base price of awd LR. 3 chase ups over 9 days before new order agreement ..finally get it today with the changes but still shows original base price and charging me £1450 for white paint ! Overall £3000 more than if I configure the same spec on the website now. What number do you use to inform Tesla of the cock up? I've emailed the delivery address but have no faith they will acknowledge or respond to my email.