Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing color on existing order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I have an existing order for Model Y Performance, white on white with FSD.
I have had a change of heart and would like to change the exterior color to Blue. Would changing order online cause FSD price increase from 7k (this was the price point when I booked) to 10k?
Also, on another note, Elon slashed the price for performance by 1k around couple of months ago. Will I be able to get that price without resetting the price for FSD?

Thanks!

Here is my experience. I originally ordered a white MY back on 9/23 with FSD at the 8K price. I had my SA put a delivery hold on my account until December 1st as I was still getting my finances in order. On December 2, I contacted my SA to see if I could change the color to red and keep the original 8K price. She got back to me and said if I changed my order at this point, it would change the price to FSD to the 10k pricing. I decided to go ahead with changing the color, and had her remove FSD. My reason was that I could always add FSD later, but I wouldn’t be able to change the color, and I didn’t want to regret the color. The next morning, my order was updated to red w/ FSD removed. The “Upgrade to FSD” button was still on my account, and when I clicked it, low and behold, the pricing was still the 8k pricing. So I added it back to my account and locked it in. I don’t know if I got lucky, or if they are just trying to discourage people from changing their orders, but I’m happy that in the end I was able to get the color I really wanted, and keep the 8k FSD pricing. Good luck!!

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Thanks for your responses! I booked my MY back in May and haven't taken delivery yet simply coz I don't need another garage queen at this point.
If changing color is gonna increase the FSD price from 7k to 10k, then its not worth it to me. As it is, I think the 7k is a steep price in itself.
Before I do any tinkering online, I have sent an email to my SA to see what they say.

I was in the same situation, I changed the interior color from black to white and even though the SA said the total price would change, the price of FSD or just the car didn't change at all (except for $1k bump for the color). But I personally wouldnt bet on that :)

I received a reply from my SA. They confirmed that any change will cause a price increase in FSD :(

"If you make any changes to your order, your order automatically goes into the new pricing. Meaning if you make any configuration changes, your FSD Price will increase to the current pricing($10k).

If you would like to update to the current price book, it will also update the Full-Self Driving(FSD) will increase to $10k automatically."