Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing Interior Trim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just took delivery on our 2020 Long Range Model X. My wife wanted the interior to be black, so we were forced to have the brown wood trim. I think it is hideous. Has anyone had success swapping out the interior trim? If so, how much did it cost? I am not a DIY guy. I live in Orange County California. Anyone know of a body shop or company that does it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We just took delivery on our 2020 Long Range Model X. My wife wanted the interior to be black, so we were forced to have the brown wood trim. I think it is hideous. Has anyone had success swapping out the interior trim? If so, how much did it cost? I am not a DIY guy. I live in Orange County California. Anyone know of a body shop or company that does it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are occasionally trim pieces for sale or trade in the marketplace forums, and there are some vinyl or carbon fiber (not real) wraps you can get on Amazon.

You can usually get a mod shop to install the pieces/wraps for you...

I swapped my Model X with full carbon fiber. You are looking around 2k for front and rear swap. Easy swap. Takes about 1.5 hour.

We haven’t actually bought the X yet, but are really close to pulling the trigger. When we actually buy it, I’ll be sure to post about looking for a trade. We had been avoiding the CF trimmed cars, but now that we know it’s a straightforward swap, there’s an X on Tesla.com that looks like a great fit. Prices have been falling pretty steadily, so it’s a matter of deciding when to buy vs someone else scooping up the one we have our eye on.

Hey,
I’m taking delivery of my MX tomorrow and it comes with the wood trim and we hate it (inventory car)
If you’re still looking to do a swap I’d be down! PM me and we can try to arrange something ;)

We pulled the trigger on one with carbon fiber trim, had it delivered to our house....but then decided we didn’t like the ventilated seats and decided not to keep it.

So, no Model X for us just yet!