Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'Channel Surf' Sirius on MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for those of you that are passionate about Sirius: I have a MY delivering on Monday and if I can't figure out a way to 'channel surf' Sirius then I may sell the car. I am not a tech minded person and I've done my best to research options. Question - is it possible to install a Sirius receiver without a bunch of visible wires and also be able to also use BT for my phone? It seems like this can be done through FM but how is the experience? I'm hoping the receiver can essentially be used the same as I would use steering wheel controls - pressing buttons or scrolling to change favorite stations.

OR gosh should I sell the car and hopelessly wait for Tesla to feel the competitive pinch and make it possible to add Sirius? I know this seems horribly petty but we have a M3 right now and it drives me crazy (as is dangerous) to switch stations on my phone.

Question for those of you that are passionate about Sirius: I have a MY delivering on Monday and if I can't figure out a way to 'channel surf' Sirius then I may sell the car. I am not a tech minded person and I've done my best to research options. Question - is it possible to install a Sirius receiver without a bunch of visible wires and also be able to also use BT for my phone? It seems like this can be done through FM but how is the experience? I'm hoping the receiver can essentially be used the same as I would use steering wheel controls - pressing buttons or scrolling to change favorite stations.

OR gosh should I sell the car and hopelessly wait for Tesla to feel the competitive pinch and make it possible to add Sirius? I know this seems horribly petty but we have a M3 right now and it drives me crazy (as is dangerous) to switch stations on my phone.
If you’re going to ditch your Tesla, just because it doesn’t have serious satellite radio then you probably shouldn’t be driving at Tesla in the 1st Pl., SiriusXM is the most garbage music experience on the planet

its going to be exactly 1000000% the same situation as your model 3 is now, so if you are not willing to jump through all the hoops that people are doing technically to try to accomplish this, and its important enough for you to think about selling the car, you should not take delivery of the car.

If you didnt do it on your model 3 you are not going to work on it on the model Y, and it is unlikely tesla moves to change anything regarding this on these vehicles. If they do, then you could decide to purchase then.

TL ; DR -- Its the same situation as the model 3 so dont expect anything different than what you have there, now or the forseeable future, regarding this issue.

If Sirius is the dealbreaker for you, why did you buy one of the vehicles that doesn’t have a native receiver?

If you need Sirius + a Tesla, get a Model S or X.

Reactions: jjrandorin
The model S Sirius is a terrible experience also.. that won't solve it. It still won't handle favorites. I've had my Model S Lr for a year and I frankly hate the music interface. The car is dangerous to drive cause you have to keep looking at the screen.. not the dash where the info USED to be. Everything about the user experience is worse than it was on the old model S. Last Tesla for me.. I've had 3. Going to the Porsche in 2 years after lease is up. They have lost their way. Car drives great... but that's not all there is to the experience.