Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Cable may not be plugged in correctly?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Charge Cable may not be plugged in correctly "

That's what I'm seeing on my app after my 46.2 update.

Screenshot_20181206-182136_Tesla.jpg

HOWEVER - My car charges just fine. I can start and stop charging just fine.

Anyone else seeing this?

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and Falkirk
Same here.

Ive had this happen twice. Just clicks a bunch trying to lock.. then i get the yellow T.

I had a mobile tech look at my car today after i called Tesla to complain (they said they are getting tons of calls about this issue). Aparently a solution found by some owners (not Tesla).. is to spray/ drip some silicone on the locking pin. That should help with the freezing.

The mobile tech told me he did that and also replaced a part. Hopefully i wont have any more issues.

The firat time i called to complain Tesla told me to use a hairdryer to warm up the port.... thank god my wife had one and we had an extension cord. Bloody ridiculous if you ask me.. but it did work... twice..

I did have exact same problem. When I plug in the connection is fine, while auto testing the connection. Once testing connection finishes, it unlock the port and the message appears.

Looks like this problem will not happen if charge immediately. Only scheduled charge with Tesla HWPC.

Hmm. Anyone else have an issue where if you have your car plugged in and scheduled to start charging at a specific time (say 330am) but you start and stop some of the charging before bed that the scheduled charge does not actually happen?