Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Luton V4 "button" on plug does not work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But that is not the i3 customer mentioned on that page. He/She said they can disconnect by pressing button and remove the charger.
yes. but this makes no sense to cripple tesla's experience while trying to sort third party car issues.

the button sends signal. it could be done that it works on tesla's and doesn't on non-teslas.

for the record - last year travelled in france and V3 chargers with availability for 3rd party are more or less everywhere. there's never been issue. ;/

if that's the case, then it is yet another stupidity by Tesla

V2 and V3 have always worked like this with my M3.
Yes, but there is a confusion after OP mentioned that the v4 charger button didn’t work to disconnect and stop charging. And then an i3 customer mentioned about Tesla v4 chargers being disconnected from non tesla’s without the owners permission (which they can’t do with Tesla). That led to the confusion of whether Tesla disabled all the buttons or only v4. I thought I’ll check the local charger as it is a v3. It looks like only in v4 chargers the button is disabled to make more fool proof for non tesla’s.

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado
Has this functionality changed recently then?’

On my old model X way back in August/September I could stop the charge and unlock the cable on the first v4 site on the country. Just like any of the other SC’s I’d used over the years. If you didn’t have the key fob in your pocket then then button was ignored completely. So no risk of someone else stopping your charge etc. Maybe model 3 and Y behave differently as they don’t have the old key fob like the S and X do?

On my Taycan the button has no effect whatsoever on either V2, V3 or v4 open sites. I’ve tried them all.

When I tried to help a cluesless new i3 driver to stop the charge and unlock their car from the V4 at Tottenham again, the button had no effect. She hadn’t downloaded the BMW app -and the contactless wasn’t recognising her phone etc so she couldn’t stop it that way. It was a cluster ****. Ended up on the phone with support in the UK and Texas to get the session halted for her. No good deed goes unpunished 😂

Someone with an Ioniq 5 mentioned the only way they could stop a contactless charge on a v4 was to change the charge limit so the car cancelled the charge. They'd tried the button, tapping the contactless payment again etc. Wonder if the person with the i3 could have done the same?

Someone with an Ioniq 5 mentioned the only way they could stop a contactless charge on a v4 was to change the charge limit so the car cancelled the charge. They'd tried the button, tapping the contactless payment again etc. Wonder if the person with the i3 could have done the same?
That was an Ioniq 6 it was @Todor at SpeakEV. He had issues as the android wallet on his phone wasn’t being recognised on tap out. Also when he tried to use the Hyundai app to stop the charge it gave him an error message. I’ve suggested he try another DC operator / charge point to rule out any issue with his car as the E-GMP platform has known charging gremlins, like the ICCU failures.