Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge on Solar during a Storm Watch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am noticing that during a storm watch, my powerwall is topped off as expected but also the charge on solar feature is gone and when my model y is connected to my charger it tops it off to the upper limit instead of waiting on excess solar. Is this expected behavior?

Seems reasonable but just have not seen it explained anywhere

Now that I have CoS, I'll have to watch.

I had to opt out of Storm Watch temporarily because my system stayed in Storm Watch mode 24/7 because of Red Flag alerts. I understand the potential of fires in North Texas during this heat, but I would prefer to opt out of permanent Red Flag Storm Watch and only have it set for the usual rain and storms. It made my whole system pretty much worthless for a few weeks because I just imported grid power all the time.

Reactions: jgleigh
I think it was a glitch. CoS just up and disappears sometimes I'm finding. But it is a transient state. @phsoccer I almost opted out of the Central Texas red flag alerts due to fire as well but if a fire were to break out I hear they some time cut the grid near the fires to prevent adding to the fire risk.