Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge place Scotland raising their game

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
50kW CCS, 100% working, solar panel shelter and best of all free to charge. New Falkirk stadium charge points looking good.

20200531_175747.jpg
20200622_212032.jpg

Excellent. Just applied for my Chargeplace Scotland card for our trip north in August, assuming the lockdown restrictions on travel and tourism ease a little before then. The free charging (mostly) is pretty widespread and impressive based on the Chargeplace Scotland map.

Is there a mobile app for Chargeplace Scotland? I couldn’t find one. Or do any 3rd party apps include their chargers? Thus far I’ve relied entirely on the Tesla supercharger network on road trips so haven’t needed to explore alternatives.

Excellent. Just applied for my Chargeplace Scotland card for our trip north in August, assuming the lockdown restrictions on travel and tourism ease a little before then. The free charging (mostly) is pretty widespread and impressive based on the Chargeplace Scotland map.

Is there a mobile app for Chargeplace Scotland? I couldn’t find one. Or do any 3rd party apps include their chargers? Thus far I’ve relied entirely on the Tesla supercharger network on road trips so haven’t needed to explore alternatives.

Use the Charge Your Car app, it’s the same system

Reactions: interbear
They have one just like that off the A77 at Kilmarnock and one in Dundee too. The solar canopies are used to top up local battery storage.

Video here of it....

I'm looking at a late summer road-trip in Snowdonia and that's a charging desert in comparison. We are quite lucky up here for public infrastructure, seems to be ahead of the EV adoption curve for now.

Reactions: S3XYtesl4

As Mr H said, CYC app is the app for for this, pay the £20 and get the card though, I had quite a bit of trouble getting units to start with the app before the card however card works every time.

Nice setup. Almost as big as Dilly's PV ;)

Did you catch what the 'energy from sunlight' display was reading? Its all 8's in the photo.

Any battery storage involved?[/QUOTE
Annoyingly the photos never came out I should have took note of the details, from memory I believe it was generating 96kw at the time, an unusually sunny day for Scotland. I was suspecting it used battery storage as there is structure next to the with the generation details on the side, cant confirm though as no mention of batteries and this could just be a substation.

Reactions: MrBadger
They have one just like that off the A77 at Kilmarnock and one in Dundee too. The solar canopies are used to top up local battery storage.

Video here of it....

I'm looking at a late summer road-trip in Snowdonia and that's a charging desert in comparison. We are quite lucky up here for public infrastructure, seems to be ahead of the EV adoption curve for now.

Wales is an absolute joke when it comes to any sort of public charging. We were planning a road trip in April before everything kicked off and I was genuinely a bit nervous. It was the first time my wife would have come with me on a long road trip that required charging away from home so I wasn't looking forward to that being her first experience!!