TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Charge port Auto Unlock when complete

Discussion in 'Model X: Battery & Charging' started by Bpnetguy, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Bpnetguy

Bpnetguy Member

Today I charged at work with the Tesla charger, it finished charging so I went to the charge only to see that the connector has already been disconnected by someone else. That said, does the model x Auto Unlock by itself after charging is complete?

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

No it does not Auto Unlock

3. chilman408

chilman408 Member

It doesn't Auto Unlock but when you press the button on the charger handle it does trigger the unlock.

4. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

still can't pull the cord out if the car is locked. Pressing the button basically just stops the charging until you let it go and it restarts.

5. Bpnetguy

Bpnetguy Member

I don’t know how some can take it out from my car. Weird

6. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

What do you mean by "the connector has already been disconnected by someone else"? If your work charger connects to a Tesla adapter, say it is a "J1772 to Tesla" adapter, someone can disconnect the J1772 and cord from your adapter and leave the adapter in your car's charge port.

• Informative x 1