Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Status in App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone faces this issue? I am in California, on a EV-A rate with PG&E. My off peaks hours are midnight to 3 PM. I have scheduled my car to charge starting 00:15. Of late, I have noticed that the app shows that part of my charging was in mid-peak hours. This never happened last year. I started to notice this in the app the last two times I charged, and when I go back in history to check, it shows the same from the start of this year. Any similar experiences? 🤔
1679191523095.png

It does, it shows that i have charged during mid-peak hours when I reality, I haven’t.

The smaller bar graph indicates the time of charging before midnights (during mid peak period) and the taller bars indicate that charging continued beyond midnight (in off peak hours)

Tomorrow, I plan to check my smart meter data and verify if indeed the charging started before 00:15 or not.

Upvote 0
Has anyone faces this issue? I am in California, on a EV-A rate with PG&E. My off peaks hours are midnight to 3 PM. I have scheduled my car to charge starting 00:15. Of late, I have noticed that the app shows that part of my charging was in mid-peak hours. This never happened last year. I started to notice this in the app the last two times I charged, and when I go back in history to check, it shows the same from the start of this year. Any similar experiences? 🤔 View attachment 918985
Yes, I’ve noticed this myself. I keep my car plugged in most of the time when it is in the garage. My current off-peak hours are from 11PM to 7AM, (called super off-peak by GA Power). I set my charging time to start at 11:30 PM and there is no issue of not finishing charging by the 7AM cutoff since my limited use this past month takes only about 10 to 30 miles to charge up to the 80% I’ve set, (I have a wall charger.). I have just switched my start time to 12:30 AM to see if that makes a difference. Sometimes during the day I’ve noticed the charge light is green by the connector, but I do not know why. Below are the three relevant graphs from my Tesla App:

1680796412443.jpeg

1680796467180.jpeg

1680796513563.jpeg

My guess is that there is a reason the car is charging during unscheduled periods, I just don’t know what that reason is.

Reactions: 1stTIME-EV
Upvote 0