Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge when MCU is down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2020 Tesla model X long range. The MCU unit has failed and neither the main display screen or the instrument cluster works. I am able to operate the temperature of the car through the app. I am unable to see what my battery charge percentage is And can’t get the car to charge. I have tried pulling into a supercharger, I have tried using third-party apps to initiate charging at home, and I’ve tried everything inside the Tesla app. I’m just looking to see if anyone has any ideas that might allow me to charge so I can get my car to the service center which is 100 miles away. I’d rather not have it towed if I can, but that may be the way this has to go.

To be clear, I am able to operate the car normally other than the screens being blank. Traffic aware, cruise control works and so do my blinkers along with windshield wipers, etc. I use an app on my phone as a Speedometer.

I have a 2020 Tesla model X long range. The MCU unit has failed and neither the main display screen or the instrument cluster works. I am able to operate the temperature of the car through the app. I am unable to see what my battery charge percentage is And can’t get the car to charge. I have tried pulling into a supercharger, I have tried using third-party apps to initiate charging at home, and I’ve tried everything inside the Tesla app. I’m just looking to see if anyone has any ideas that might allow me to charge so I can get my car to the service center which is 100 miles away. I’d rather not have it towed if I can, but that may be the way this has to go.

To be clear, I am able to operate the car normally other than the screens being blank. Traffic aware, cruise control works and so do my blinkers along with windshield wipers, etc. I use an app on my phone as a Speedometer.
Does the Tesla app show any errors while trying to charge?