Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Intelligent Octopus connection woes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s no need to set the Zappi to fast for IO to work. Leave it in Eco+ mode. IO schedules will be created pretty quickly if you plug in later in the day, however may not appear immediately if you plug in before 6pm, but will generate subsequently.
Ah OK I thought I had to force it to start charging, to be fair it's been working fine. I'll try leaving it in the Eco+ mode tonight, thanks for the tip.

As a new M3 owner with a dumb charger I hit a brick wall trying to sign up to Intelligent Go... Seems there is an issue on octopus trying to connect to the Tesla account or something like that. They are working on it though.
So do I stick with Flexible octopus (economy 7) or move to Octopus Go. I don't like the 4.30am stop time nor the 4hr charge window instead of 6 or 7hrs
Others like Eon drive next still offer 7hrs on cheap rate for about the same cost.

As a new M3 owner with a dumb charger I hit a brick wall trying to sign up to Intelligent Go... Seems there is an issue on octopus trying to connect to the Tesla account or something like that. They are working on it though.
So do I stick with Flexible octopus (economy 7) or move to Octopus Go. I don't like the 4.30am stop time nor the 4hr charge window instead of 6 or 7hrs
Others like Eon drive next still offer 7hrs on cheap rate for about the same cost.
What’s the specificities of the sign-up error?
I successfully migrated from Go to Intelligent Go last week, dumb charger and leased Tesla.
Skip the remote-key bit, and get to the test charge. Took two goes to get the test charge, but sorted in 10mins.

I successfully migrated from Go to Intelligent Go last week, dumb charger and leased Tesla.
Skip the remote-key bit, and get to the test charge. Took two goes to get the test charge, but sorted in 10mins.
Were you doing it on android or apple
The fault is at step 4, connect device. Instantly has this error
Octopus also have a issue page.attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240330-054108.png
    Screenshot_20240330-054108.png
    175 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20240401-214718.png
    Screenshot_20240401-214718.png
    528.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Reactions: thax1
I’ve had the reconnect email but I’m waiting until after next Tuesday as I have an important appointment, with no Super Chargers on route. Sticking with 100% reliable car control of charging.

Skip the remote-key bit, and get to the test ch
I am trying to switch from OG to IO but unable to perform an action error message when I click switch tariff. Have sent a message to octopus but anything else I can do to move to the next step?