Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge your Car/Polar/BP Chargemaster/BP Pulse account - double charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there, I subscribed to Polar (when it was polar) to allow me to use charge your car charging points without connection fee at the park and ride locations I frequent on my commute. I'm one of those 'lucky' NHS people who still have been commuting throughout the pandemic and whilst my charging has been limited (as I can park on site - if I can fight for a space) I still try to use my card for at least 7 days in a month (to get my monies worth lol) - it helps that a multi-storey near the hospital also has CYC points (albeit mostly occupied by council vans - but that's another issue!). Today I woke to find two go cardless charges both from BP pulse for the same amount - the cost of the monthly subscription. Has anyone else had two charges? I'm going to contact them today to hopefully remedy the double charge but if anyone is subscribed i'd check if you haven't been doubly charged as it's only a relatively small amount <£8 and could be easily missed (I only saw it as my banking app sends me push messages when any expenditure is made on my account).

it helps that a multi-storey near the hospital also has CYC points (albeit mostly occupied by council vans - but that's another issue!).
thanks for the heads up will keep and eye on my account, slightly OT but going off your location in your profile and it's proximity to LGI, I am guessing its Woodhouse lane Car Park with the offending council vans? Tried charging in there late last year when out doing xmas shopping and they were all full of council vans with hardly any plugged in. :mad:

thanks for the heads up will keep and eye on my account, slightly OT but going off your location in your profile and it's proximity to LGI, I am guessing its Woodhouse lane Car Park with the offending council vans? Tried charging in there late last year when out doing xmas shopping and they were all full of council vans with hardly any plugged in. :mad:
Yes it is, I contacted the council and their excuse was the chargers were put in on a grant for the council to have electric vans so they have priority and only if there are no vans in a space the chargers can be used by the general public - which can be VERY difficult as the spaces are tiny! For a better charging experience i'd advise the car park at Victoria gate, LOTS of podpoint chargers free to use while shopping!! ;)

Yes it is, I contacted the council and their excuse was the chargers were put in on a grant for the council to have electric vans so they have priority and only if there are no vans in a space the chargers can be used by the general public - which can be VERY difficult as the spaces are tiny! For a better charging experience i'd advise the car park at Victoria gate, LOTS of podpoint chargers free to use while shopping!! ;)
Yeah Victoria Gate was going to be my next option to try the next time the missus drags me out shopping in Leeds. Although since lockdowns 1/2/3, she seems to prefer online shopping now, so I hoping the dreaded sat/sun shopping trip is a thing of the past ;)

Reactions: fancealot