Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

chargepoint HOME flex won't charge until second try????

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It sounds like you have a schedule running on the ChargePoint itself, and the action of plugging in, unplugging, and plugging back in is a ”double pump” override for the ChargePoint and allows charging outside of the set schedule. From the ChargePoint app, go to Home Charger and check for Schedule.
many thanks! yah I indeed have a schedule on, can I still keep it?

You can keep or change the schedule to meet you needs and if you need to charge outside of that schedule, just do what you’ve been doing, double pump to override.
tried and seems working fine now after turning schedule off, thx! is there a way to automatically unlock charger once finished? Currently every time I need to manually unlock from the app in order to unplug. Or is there a way to not even lock charger?

tried and seems working fine now after turning schedule off, thx! is there a way to automatically unlock charger once finished? Currently every time I need to manually unlock from the app in order to unplug. Or is there a way to not even lock charger?

It unlocks when you push the handle button on the chargepoint. You must be leaving the adapter in your car and it's locking on it again before you pull it out.

Either use one hand to hold the chargepoint handle while pushing the button and the other hand to pull the adapter. You will pull it all out in one piece or...

Push the button but then release it without pulling the charger out of the adapter. The chargepoint latch will hold onto the adapter. Then you just pull and it will all come out in one piece.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
It unlocks when you push the handle button on the chargepoint.
This may have changed with software updates, but I believe this is true only when the car is unlocked -- that is, when you have your phone-as-key with you, when a door is open, etc. Presumably it's done this way to prevent theft of adapters, or random people coming along and unplugging cars that are charging in public places using NACS plugs. (Using a J1772 adapter, of course, the J1772 plug can be removed from the adapter unless it's padlocked in place.)

This may have changed with software updates, but I believe this is true only when the car is unlocked -- that is, when you have your phone-as-key with you, when a door is open, etc. Presumably it's done this way to prevent theft of adapters, or random people coming along and unplugging cars that are charging in public places using NACS plugs. (Using a J1772 adapter, of course, the J1772 plug can be removed from the adapter unless it's padlocked in place.)

Oh yes you are correct. I always have my phone with me and Bluetooth on. It keeps the adapter locked otherwise to prevent theft.

It's a good feature.