Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charger door adjustments?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S? That little "nub" inside is also a button that triggers the mechanism to open when pressed. The idea is if a wand doesn't open it for some reason & you don't want to get in the car to trigger from the screen or your phone is still in the car you can press the forward part of the door in the area of that rubber nub. It presses in to trigger the mechanism to open the door. This can be adjusted by unscrewing slightly to make the door not close quite as far. If it were me I'd look closely at the area to make sure there isn't something obvious that caused it in the first place. Hopefully it's not a sign of something bigger.

Model S? That little "nub" inside is also a button that triggers the mechanism to open when pressed. The idea is if a wand doesn't open it for some reason & you don't want to get in the car to trigger from the screen or your phone is still in the car you can press the forward part of the door in the area of that rubber nub. It presses in to trigger the mechanism to open the door. This can be adjusted by unscrewing slightly to make the door not close quite as far. If it were me I'd look closely at the area to make sure there isn't something obvious that caused it in the first place. Hopefully it's not a sign of something bigger.

Thanks, yes its my model S. I was able to turn it and got it back level, it was screwed all the way down to where I could not push the port to make it open. I have an airbag recall that they are working on in a few weeks. I will have them look at the charge port too, as pressing on it does not cause it to open like you said. I have always had to use the wand.

Thanks, yes its my model S. I was able to turn it and got it back level, it was screwed all the way down to where I could not push the port to make it open. I have an airbag recall that they are working on in a few weeks. I will have them look at the charge port too, as pressing on it does not cause it to open like you said. I have always had to use the wand.
FWIW, I'm not sure the pressing part actuates all of them so it may be working properly. I'd say to level it so it looks good & then not give it another thought.