Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

charger infrastructure info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sitting here at a coffee shop think that I should send something to the plaza owner telling them that they should install some public charging ports for EV's but not sure what info to send them.

I was thinking

a) is there a website that shows the different options (nema and J21171 (#) etc)?
b) maybe someone with some amazing design skills should design a website that is for merchants considering charging infrastucture and it shows benefits, and options (ie: just toss a 220v nema plug on the outside wall, or buy this $50k quick charging station, etc etc) basically a one stop place we can send merchants.

I could build it if someone designs it...

In the meantime, and info you can send along would help, and might help others spread the word.

Just talking to them and explain why you think it's needed would help. There are many ones out there but I think J1772 is the way to go since that would serve most cars in the US.
ClipperCreek and other companies make charging ports. Maybe one that the plaza owner can recoup some of the investment would be nice (some you scan your credit card). Here's one from Aerovironment but don't have any experience to recommend one over the other.
Also, having them place the charging location in non-prime parking is usually a good idea. People seem to get angry when they see a reserved parking spot for EVs up front for some reason.

Last edited:
It would be great if there was a package of information that could be presented to businesses and employers that has the tax credit information, cost for installation, benefits list (ie. publicity, tax information, employee satisfaction, etc.). I work for a pretty large hospital system who've made some token gestures to encourage car pooling and a 'green' image with paper recycling and such, but I would be one of the first with an EV, but would be thrilled if they would install a charger.