Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charger will not work with Tesla Model 3's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,

There is a charger in my workplace that works and charges all other EV's but won't work with any Tesla's Model 3. (Error - CP_a010)
My Model 3 is SR 2023 - my colleague has a 2022 SR - both cars work perfectly on other chargers just not this one.
I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this before?

I've tried changing the amps and plugging out and in the charger multiple times.
I will say the charger is about 7/8 years old - I'm based in Ireland

Any help is much appreciated.

20230920_133305.jpg

20230920_133115.jpg

It used to be a problem with some worn chargers that the weight of the plug was enough to pull the plug down such that the comms contacts didn't fully connect with the charger socket. CPS in Scotland had this as a known issue. Try holding the plug up while the car is communicating with the charger to see if that allows it to start the charge. Once the charge is started it should stay connected if this is the issue.

It used to be a problem with some worn chargers that the weight of the plug was enough to pull the plug down such that the comms contacts didn't fully connect with the charger socket. CPS in Scotland had this as a known issue. Try holding the plug up while the car is communicating with the charger to see if that allows it to start the charge. Once the charge is started it should stay connected if this is the issue.
Interesting, I'll need to this a go, thanks a mil 👍 @init6

• Funny
Reactions: fholbert
When I got my Tesla wall charger for home, during the setup it asked if I wanted it for Tesla only, or all EVs. I chose all, but I wonder if there is a similar function that needs changing on this? Would be odd that it actively “discriminates” against a certain brand but you never know these days.