Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging and battery question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
For the first 5k miles I was just been using the super chargers I have a p100d. I jus installed the charger at my house the standard one it comes with. I look last week and it charged at a full 32/32 amps however now it only charges at 31/32 any good reason for that?and it only charges at 21 now 22 mph seems weird..
does the cold effect the charging?
I also noted that when I fully charge it doesn’t go to 315 like stated only to 310 one time I got it to 313 also when I do 90 percent it used to be 285 now it goes to 278.. is the battery deteriorating that fast?
Thanks for any input
I

Recent versions of the mobile app have a bug that shows amperage and some other numbers one less than the setting (ie 31 vs 32 amp). If you look in the car vs. the app, you’ll see it’s actaully charging at full speed. It should probably be fixed someday. Probably.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
Got it thanks for that..

I drove 35 miles each way to work but I drive on ludacris so it burns off about 55 miles each way.. almost prefer to go 100 percent to get more usage because I do other things except go back forth to work. I see the 90 percent is recommended just curious why 90 percent has changed so quickly from 285 to 278 it’s just weird..

Hi All,
For the first 5k miles I was just been using the super chargers I have a p100d. I jus installed the charger at my house the standard one it comes with. I look last week and it charged at a full 32/32 amps however now it only charges at 31/32 any good reason for that?and it only charges at 21 now 22 mph seems weird..
does the cold effect the charging?
I also noted that when I fully charge it doesn’t go to 315 like stated only to 310 one time I got it to 313 also when I do 90 percent it used to be 285 now it goes to 278.. is the battery deteriorating that fast?
Thanks for any input
I
It’s winter. Happens every year about this time.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H and GSP
almost prefer to go 100 percent to get more usage because I do other things except go back forth to work
It's not recommended to charge to 100% on a regular basis. It's not good for the battery. How many miles do you drive per day?
I've got a 60 mile round trip commute plus another 20 to 30 miles worth of going out in the evening. I start my day at 80% and end between 30 and 40% which keeps the battery within an ideal SoC.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H and GSP