Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging bug?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

m3gt2

Sep 14, 2015
england
Hi, I'm on 2021.4.12 and have just sat in the front passenger seat while the car was charging on a Pod Point public charger. When I shut the door the screen went to the charging screen and the radio went off. I tried sitting in the drivers seat and the radio stayed on. Is this a change, bug or has it always been like this? I can't remember noticing this before, I'm almost certain the radio stayed on when someone was in the passenger seat?

It’s always done that - don’t fully close the drivers door and it’ll stay on (or if it’s happening a lot enable dog mode / camp mode).

It’s an annoying feature if you hop out to get something from a shop leaving passengers in the car!

When I shut the door the screen went to the charging screen and the radio went off. I tried sitting in the drivers seat and the radio stayed on. Is this a change, bug or has it always been like this? I can't remember noticing this before, I'm almost certain the radio stayed on when someone was in the passenger seat?

I use to do a lot of sitting in the passenger seat waiting to pick up my son from football. The wife was normally the one that braved the cold winters nights to go fetch him :oops:

I never had any issues when I didn't have access to any of the entertainment facilities - never had to try any work arounds. However, I never left my seat and always had my phone on me. So car always remained occupied even if the drivers seat was vacated for a period of time.

Reactions: m3gt2