Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging caravan park

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charging a Model X at a Caravan park in Australia

I have a second hand X and I don't appear to have the 15amp plug with the car, can this be purchased separately? Thanks in advance
From the Tesla Shop you can only buy the whole mobile connector bundle.

If you already have a mobile connector but not the 15A tail, you could try putting a service request in through the app to replace the missing tail.

Upvote 0
From the Tesla Shop you can only buy the whole mobile connector bundle.

If you already have a mobile connector but not the 15A tail, you could try putting a service request in through the app to replace the missing tail.

Dont think the S and X came with the 15A tail? Not with the earlier gen 1 mobile connectors, only with the later gen 2 mobile connectors that came with model 3s and maybe later model S and X.

Upvote 0
Dont think the S and X came with the 15A tail? Not with the earlier gen 1 mobile connectors, only with the later gen 2 mobile connectors that came with model 3s and maybe later model S and X.
That's correct @JayTee , pre Winter 2019 cars in Australia had the gen 1 mobile connector with only a 10amp tail. The upside is the Gen 1 is 3 phase up to 16amp.

Upvote 0
I have a second hand X and I don't appear to have the 15amp plug with the car, can this be purchased separately? Thanks in advance
Model X would've come with the Gen1 Mobile charger and only included a detachable 10A tail and plug.
1658497743340.png

You can fit other tails by using the Tesla euro-adaptor (available from Tesla) that acts as an interface between other tails and the Mobile Charger.
1658497780643.png
1658497854042.png

So to charge at 15A you would need either:
  1. A 15A EVSE, or
  2. A Euro-socket to 15A plug charging tail assuming you already had the Tesla euro-adaptor
Both of these are available for loan by TOCA members or can be purchased from on-line sellers, e.g. 15A EVSE here, or Gen1 15A UMC tail here.
The cheapest option is to go for the 15A tail, the on-line seller also bundles the Tesla euro-adaptor, saving you a trip into your Tesla Service Centre.

(Image credit: TOCA's Charging your Tesla page)

Upvote 0