TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charging DC to Rehoboth Beach Del

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Bluchip, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Bluchip

Bluchip Member

Any tips on charging on a round trip DC to Rehoboth? Looks like the only Supercharger is in Salisbury, which is out of the way.
    Thanks.

2. Lanny

Lanny @Lanny

There are two 18 kW Level 2 charging stations at the Royal Farms Store at 18657 Sussex Hwy, Bridgeville, DE 19933. We used them on March 12th but only one was working at the time. There are also plenty of charging stations in Rehoboth Beach.

FullSizeRender-5.jpg

3. CHRGIT

CHRGIT Member

Check out plugshare.com, plenty of L2 & L3 charging options available on the way. If you have a Chademo adapter you have choices in Bowie and Queenstown. Like Lanny said, plenty of options in Rehoboth including HPWC's at the Hyatt in Dewey.

4. mikeash

mikeash Active Member

I've only done this trip once, but the public chargers at Surfside Place took care of me. From my place in Fairfax, the round trip is almost exactly 100% charge for my 85, so it doesn't take much, just needs a little buffer. These chargers are free, just pay for parking, but there's a risk that you might find them both in use and need to seek alternatives.

If you or people with you like to shop, there are three Tanger Outlet locations on the way out of town, and each location has four L2 chargers. I used these during my trip as well, just because I could. No trouble, and I was the only car charging at the two locations where I stopped.

I'm planning to go again this summer, and the plan is to use the Surfside chargers, with Tanger as Plan B, the Bridgeville Royal Farms as Plan C, the various L2 chargers near Annapolis as Plan D, and Bowie as Plan E. So far, I've never needed more than a Plan B with my Model S, but it makes me happier to have many backups.

5. Bluchip

Bluchip Member

Thanks for the quick response. Do you know if the Hyatt chargers are available for those not staying at the Hyatt?

6. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Sorry to hijack this thread, but if you want to use a hotel's charging station you should seriously think about patronizing that hotel. That's why they installed it, to attract guests.

• Like x 1
  7. CHRGIT

CHRGIT Member

I used the Hyatt chargers once in October. I wasn't staying there but asked at the front desk and they were ok with it. The charger at Surfside Park is great. It is a 18 KW charger and with a dual charger you will get about 50 mph. It's at the end of the boardwalk so plenty to do. You do not pay for parking until summer season.