Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging DC to Rehoboth Beach Del

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are two 18 kW Level 2 charging stations at the Royal Farms Store at 18657 Sussex Hwy, Bridgeville, DE 19933. We used them on March 12th but only one was working at the time. There are also plenty of charging stations in Rehoboth Beach.

FullSizeRender-5.jpg

I've only done this trip once, but the public chargers at Surfside Place took care of me. From my place in Fairfax, the round trip is almost exactly 100% charge for my 85, so it doesn't take much, just needs a little buffer. These chargers are free, just pay for parking, but there's a risk that you might find them both in use and need to seek alternatives.

If you or people with you like to shop, there are three Tanger Outlet locations on the way out of town, and each location has four L2 chargers. I used these during my trip as well, just because I could. No trouble, and I was the only car charging at the two locations where I stopped.

I'm planning to go again this summer, and the plan is to use the Surfside chargers, with Tanger as Plan B, the Bridgeville Royal Farms as Plan C, the various L2 chargers near Annapolis as Plan D, and Bowie as Plan E. So far, I've never needed more than a Plan B with my Model S, but it makes me happier to have many backups.

Check out plugshare.com, plenty of L2 & L3 charging options available on the way. If you have a Chademo adapter you have choices in Bowie and Queenstown. Like Lanny said, plenty of options in Rehoboth including HPWC's at the Hyatt in Dewey.
Thanks for the quick response. Do you know if the Hyatt chargers are available for those not staying at the Hyatt?

Thanks for the quick response. Do you know if the Hyatt chargers are available for those not staying at the Hyatt?
I used the Hyatt chargers once in October. I wasn't staying there but asked at the front desk and they were ok with it. The charger at Surfside Park is great. It is a 18 KW charger and with a dual charger you will get about 50 mph. It's at the end of the boardwalk so plenty to do. You do not pay for parking until summer season.

I know this is old but thought I'd comment anyway.

There's a new SC going in Rehoboth but has not started construction yet AFAIK: Rehoboth Beach, DE | Tesla

Also, there is one just to the East of the Bay Bridge (Queenstown, MD) now which is under construction and looks like it's almost done: Future Queenstown MD Supercharger moved to Grasonville.

When we were in Rehoboth this July, both city-provided chargers were broken. Very frustrating! I charged from 110v whenever my car was not in use (which was most of the time) and was able to get up to 100% before the trip home. Also, if you're there, check PlugShare because there is a nice guy who lives just off of Rehoboth Ave. who offers his charger to those in need.

I know this is old but thought I'd comment anyway.

There's a new SC going in Rehoboth but has not started construction yet AFAIK: Rehoboth Beach, DE | Tesla

Also, there is one just to the East of the Bay Bridge (Queenstown, MD) now which is under construction and looks like it's almost done: Future Queenstown MD Supercharger moved to Grasonville.

When we were in Rehoboth this July, both city-provided chargers were broken. Very frustrating! I charged from 110v whenever my car was not in use (which was most of the time) and was able to get up to 100% before the trip home. Also, if you're there, check PlugShare because there is a nice guy who lives just off of Rehoboth Ave. who offers his charger to those in need.
There are two free destination chargers in Lewes beach {6 miles north of rehobeth} that are free to use. Just listed on destination charger list about two weeks ago. Used them, nice alternative till supercharger installed

There are two free destination chargers in Lewes beach {6 miles north of rehobeth} that are free to use. Just listed on destination charger list about two weeks ago. Used them, nice alternative till supercharger installed

The town of Lewes is having a ribbon cutting and short EV Cruise to officially open the destination charging stations on Monday August 28, 2017 at 11:00 AM. They are inviting Tesla and other EV drivers to participate if anyone is interested and available.

EV Cruise & Grand Opening of Lewes, DE Charging Stations