Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging history for non-Tesla chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, this is probably a stupid question but I cannot find an answer..

Is there a way to see Tesla's charging history or at least stats on the last charge? I noticed today during charging that PodPoint station was claiming 38kWh added to the battery while Tesla was claiming 32kWh. Want to re-check the stats but it seems to be impossible to do so. Is there a secret menu option? :)

Podpoint app should show you what you put in. Apps like Teslamate and Teslafi will log all of this for you.

Edit: How cold was the temperature today? Was the battery cold too? Were you in car with the heating on? All of these will contribute to the 'overhead'

Upvote 0
How many of your previous cars came with a bucket? Got to supply your own? Exactly the same as the Tesla then :)

There are testers out there if you really don't trust the chargers, but as I said earlier, there are plenty of threads that explain where the 'discrepancy' is. Warm battery = happy charging.

Upvote 0
Hi guys, this is probably a stupid question but I cannot find an answer..

Is there a way to see Tesla's charging history or at least stats on the last charge? I noticed today during charging that PodPoint station was claiming 38kWh added to the battery while Tesla was claiming 32kWh. Want to re-check the stats but it seems to be impossible to do so. Is there a secret menu option? :)
The car reports what is actually added to the battery, it doesn't include shore based power used in battery heating or cabin heating. So, we get a benefit when supercharging as Tesla only charge for kWh added to the battery and don't charge us for battery heating whilst connected. Other networks just charge for the number of kWh delivered to the car in total. In your example, 6kWh probably went in battery & cabin heating and some in other losses from transfer inefficiency.

Reactions: UkNorthampton
Upvote 0
The car reports what is actually added to the battery, it doesn't include shore based power used in battery heating or cabin heating. So, we get a benefit when supercharging as Tesla only charge for kWh added to the battery and don't charge us for battery heating whilst connected. Other networks just charge for the number of kWh delivered to the car in total. In your example, 6kWh probably went in battery & cabin heating and some in other losses from transfer inefficiency.
I would agree that this is a benefit, however in London Tesla charges 40-44p/kWh which, in my humble opinion, is excessive when there are other options available for 25p/kWh (50W ones so they are not slow). Even with overheads the difference is more than 1.5x. They choose premium locations I guess and it does not matter on a grander scale but no one will go to a petrol station charging £2.10 for petrol when there is £1.4-charging one around the corner :)

Upvote 0