Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging info and limit slider gone from app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charging the car today at work and notice the usual info displayed in app is not there: rate, voltage, etc. the charge limit slider is also gone. This info is usually just above the controls. Anyone else see this or know how to get it back?
24DC38E8-6D95-43E0-BC44-ED24872B7430.jpeg

If you tap on the battery icon it will show/hide the charge limit and amp slider. I can't get mine to go away so I think it's normally there all the time when you're charging, but it will show/hide when the car is not connected. If that doesn't work I'd also recommend forcing the app to close.

Tried closing and restarting the app and also restart phone but still didn’t show. Tapping on battery icon only changes indicator from % to miles.
But today just plugged in and stats are back so not sure what was going yesterday.

Tried closing and restarting the app and also restart phone but still didn’t show. Tapping on battery icon only changes indicator from % to miles.
But today just plugged in and stats are back so not sure what was going yesterday.
A glitch in the matrix then. My app will do weird things sometimes where it shows my car as entirely black.

Not that you didn't try, but tapping on the percentage/miles will cycle between the two, tapping on the actual battery icon itself will show/hide the charge limit and amperage when it's not plugged in. They're tiny but they're separate buttons.

same here and I came here to try to find a fix. I guess I had accidently hit he tiny lightenng bolt icon up by the percetage line (under the name) that turned it off. I also thought it was an app glitch but I guess it was a slip of the finger somewhere along the line. Thanks!

Reactions: arichard2401
I was having the same issue and tried all of the same things with no luck. I finally went outside to check the wall charger connection and found that some snow had fallen off the roof and hit the charge port cover which was now resting on the charger. I gently lifted it off the charger, returning it to its usual fully open position and the charge limit/info box immediately returned to the app.

To put a fine point on it, apparently the charge port has to be fully open for the charge limit/info to show up in the app🤷🏼‍♂️

A glitch in the matrix then. My app will do weird things sometimes where it shows my car as entirely black.

Not that you didn't try, but tapping on the percentage/miles will cycle between the two, tapping on the actual battery icon itself will show/hide the charge limit and amperage when it's not plugged in. They're tiny but they're separate buttons.
Thank you! This fixed it for me…