Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why Less Info in App Screen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today my Tesla app display on my tablet has much less information that usual. The display on the phone is fine and the display for our other Tesla is fine.

Missing information: Charge limit, remaining time, kWh, Voltage, kW, Controls, Climate, Summon, Security and Drivers, etc.

Anyone know why?

Less Info.jpg

Today my Tesla app display on my tablet has much less information that usual. The display on the phone is fine and the display for our other Tesla is fine.

Missing information: Charge limit, remaining time, kWh, Voltage, kW, Controls, Climate, Summon, Security and Drivers, etc.

Anyone know why?

View attachment 997866
maybe "set up phone key" is the difference

Reactions: rpiotro
Tesla recently changed the app so that you don’t see controls and certain items (including software updates) unless the device is set up as a phone key. I noticed that issue on my iPad. Not sure if that was an intentional change.
That's probably related, but the phone key isn't set up for Tessie either, and her data shows up:

Tessie.jpg

Perhaps I'll set up the tablet as a key to find out. Once I had a tablet set up as a key, took it on a trip, and had it in the under-trunk. I couldn't figure out why walkaway lock wasn't working.

That's probably related, but the phone key isn't set up for Tessie either, and her data shows up:

View attachment 997983

Perhaps I'll set up the tablet as a key to find out. Once I had a tablet set up as a key, took it on a trip, and had it in the under-trunk. I couldn't figure out why walkaway lock wasn't working.
Because your phone doesn't have the message

"set up phone key"

Anyone know why?

View attachment 997866
Yes with the new software it's trying to have you set up the phone as a key. Go ahead and set up the phone as a key in the app then go into the app setting and turn that selection off if you don't use your phone as a key.

Yes with the new software it's trying to have you set up the phone as a key. Go ahead and set up the phone as a key in the app then go into the app setting and turn that selection off if you don't use your phone as a key.
Thanks. I did that and it fixed the problem immediately. I still don't know why I don't need to do the same for Tessie.

I was surprised that I could set up the tablet as a key with just a click or two—I thought I'd need to get a keycard out.