Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Interrupted - Tesla or Podpoint Problem?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Fuse keeps tripping at random times when charging - I'm wondering if this has to do with altering the scheduled charge start time on the Tesla app because it seems to happen after I change it. On a similar topic it glitches sometimes... if I enter 22:00, I'll look at the app in an hour or so and it will say charging scheduled to start at an obscure time like 02:36... what is that about?!?
This is happening all to frequently now, getting fed up of having to go outside to the fusebox in the middle of the night to get the charger working again.
Is this a problem to contact Tesla about, or more likely the charger company (Podpoint)?

IMG_0482.jpg

There seem to be quite a few threads in the UK and Ireland subforum on issues with "podpoints" so I would think that you should start there. If you look at the similar threads links at the bottom of your thread, you will see some of these threads.

I would read through those as well and see what they say.

I had a similar problem with interrupted charges on PodPoint chargers a few weeks ago - I posted about it on here in a new thread, but it got moved to a general thread on PodPoint issues - see Charging problems using Podpoint chargers - but that thread is mainly to do with people not authenticating their charge on public chargers via the PodPoint app!

In my case the charge was interrupted on 4 different PodPoint chargers on the same day, taking the chargers out of action. Three of these were at work and one at a supermarket. PodPoint identified that there was an error coming from the car (M3LR) which shutdown the chargers.

I took the car in to Tesla last week and they tried charging it on a 11kW charger for about an hour but could not see any error messages. I have also used the same chargers at work since with no problems.

I'll have to keep an eye on it and if it happens again, I'll be back on to Tesla.