Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X not charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a weird situation where my 2020 Tesla Model X Dual Motor, does not charge sometimes. There have been 2 instances of this so far and I can't figure out why and it gives anxiety anytime I have to go far because I don't know if it will charge. I always have the car scheduled to start charging at 12AM if plugged in.

1. Set car to depart by 12AM at home and set charge to 100% and charged fine, ~3AM on our trip to LA stopped to charge with 15 miles left of range at supercharger. Plugged in, light goes light blue to green for a second and back to light blue. Tried every stall, even a stall someone else was charging just fine on. Called Tesla support while there, they could not see any faults showing. The charging door would automatically open and stay open, even if I closed It by hand..it would pop back open after couple minutes while we were waiting on what to do. Towed the car to another charger and it started charging fine.. charged fine since then at superchargers/home for 3 months.

2. Last night, while car is back to its normal scheduled start charging at 12AM setting. I saw the charging door popped open when I was getting ready to leave and decided to plug it in to see if it would charge..same thing, goes to light blue and no option on phone to start charging now..for a second when I plug it in, it showed a message on the app saying "No Voltage..something" and it would go back to light blue light like it's not plugged in. Drove it to a supercharger..same thing won't charge. Brought it home and left it plugged in, at 12AM it started charging at the scheduled time...

What is going on!?