Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

charging is sporadic and I get an error saying can't charge take to service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After the latest software update (maybe coincidence) I am finding it hard to charge the car at home on my Nema 14-50 outlet. The car will start charging just fine at 32amp but then after a while (sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes a couple of hours), I get a phone notice saying charging interrupted. Sometimes it restarts and sometimes not. Yesterday the car had hardly charged at all. I was unable to unlock the connector (tried on my phone and on the main screen). After a combination of unlocking the car, rebooting the screen I was able to unlock it and try charging again. It charged for a bit and then quit. I got error messages saying car needs service unable to charge, Again I was unable to unlock the charge port until I manage to quit the error message and unlock and lock the car.
I'll take it in this week to Tesla but wondered if others had the same sort of issue.
I have had a couple of occasional reboots of the screen while driving which can be scary but not much else. Only other thing I changed was changing summon mode to auto (don't need to hold down the button on the phone), this didn't seem to work and when I was parked on the street to try the summon it came back with the charging message even though I wasn't charging.
FUnny because the car had been charging this evening just fine until I wrote this message and a notification just appeared right now saying charging interrupted.. Tesla must be listening to my complaints..