Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging needs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can look at the app or website: Plugshare which lists all chargers. Super Chargers are fastest. There are some other fast chargers, I have never used called CHAdeMO... with Tesla you will need a special adapter that is about $300...
Where do you park? Maybe your condo association would install a charger. Tesla supplies "Destination charger" equipment for nothing, so it would just need installation... maybe $300 to $500 depending on where power is etc...

Hey, I wonder if you guys have charging needs other than charging at home. I always want to purchase an EV since it's way more cost-effective than the gas consuming car but I live in condo now. Do you guys think there is way to charge the car other than home and dealer?

Several people have employers that offer EV charging. I recall one poster had mentioned that his employer had installed 14-50 chargers, and he was planning to charge his Model 3 at work.

Also depending on where you live, Tesla is rolling out urban superchargers that will allow folks without access to home charging to charge.

My nephew owns a Volt and lives in a condo. He and a couple of neighbors who own Leafs were able to convince the association to install a couple of outlets in the parking garage for EV owners to charge their cars. They're available on a first come, first served basis. He had offered to pay for a separately metered outlet, but they decided it wasn't worth the bother, especially since there were multiple EV owners involved. Certainly worth the effort to approach your association to see if they're amenable.