Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

charging options going from Switzerland to Sweden

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

felixtb

RsEU502,Sp+14274,XpEUSig4
Jan 14, 2011
Lausanne, CH
this summer I will be taking my new toy on a little road trip to southern Sweden. Since I am completely new to electric motoring I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to best charge in Germany and Denmark. As I understand the most common high amperage connectors in DE are Mennekes how does one get a jumper cable for this plug if available? are there other better (easier) alternatives with similar charge amps? what are the most common connectors in DK? and do I need special connectors from my UMC to these and where to get. I have asked tesla in Zurich to get me this info but they seem to be quite busy and referred me more to the forums..... so here I am.

thanks for any help.

That also a problem to me, there are no official adapter-cabel for 7-pin mennekes. you can have a look on lemnet.org to find at least 32A socket. I can offer to you my 32A socket if you are going to choose the A71 between Schweinfurt and Erfurt.

In your country you should get the red 32A jumper with the UMC. In the UK we get the blue one by default.

I've been suggesting to Tesla that they need to put the Mennekes cable that we saw RWE using on sale. Your story is one more reason for this.

could we try to make some kind of pettition of European roadster owners to tesla to try to persuade them to make these very important jumper cables for our markets? may e initially through this forum and then someone with most connections within tesla Europe could bring the petition to them.