Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging problem Flo level 2 model S 70D 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, after driving for 1 hour in the cold (-6°C) I tried to recharge on a level 2 terminal (called Flo in Quebec), in a heated parking lot at the Westin Resort & Spa at Mont Tremblant. I have an S model. I tried to change the small adapter with the neighbour, change terminals... still the same problem. My car indicates that the charge was complete but yet I only had 200 Kilometers out of 374. On the screen the voltage was at 210 and the amperage varied between 7 and 11 on a regular basis, without starting the recharge. The neighbor with his model 3 had no problem, I called Flo (CAA) and they too confirmed that everything was OK on their side. I left the car plugged in for 4 hours with no charge at the end. I then went to the Tesla super charger, no problem except that it did not charge very quickly at 37kw! Once home, no problem recharging with my level 2 charger… can you help me?

I left the car plugged in for 4 hours with no charge at the end.
1. Did you see any errors like "Maximum charge level reduced" or etc.?
2. Did you get this situation again?
What helped then (or again)?
I then went to the Tesla super charger, no problem except that it did not charge very quickly at 37kw!
3. It just start to charge flawlessly? Or not?

4. Did you contact the Tesla Service Center?
5. How do your S70D perform now?

P.S. Had something much like in your thread. After exposing car to cold weather & charging to 93%...98% several times it gots an error (BMS_u***) and declines to charge at Type-1/Type-2 (Level2/3) chargers.

Upvote 0