Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging stops unexpectedly, usually resumes right away

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have similar issue after firmware upgrade. Here is what Tesla answer - short term revert back to 22.41.2 firmware:

"We are sorry to hear you are experiencing charging session interruptions with your Tesla Wall Connector. Our teams are working on a solution at the moment. Please note that the car's charging rate is similar to the full speed as the interruptions are short. Thank you for your patience, we are working on implementing a fix as soon as possible. We have seen this to be temporarily resolved if you revert back to a previous firmware version (attached). You can use the offline firmware update process to upload the attached file."
Is it possible to share the link of the file with the previous version of the firmware?

Had this happen for the first time today… my garage Nest caught it. It stops for 10 seconds and then resumed to 80% max charge. This is on a 2022 Model S Plaid on the gen 3 wall connector.

Attachments

• IMG_3793.jpeg
    IMG_3793.jpeg
    391.1 KB · Views: 206
For convenience to save people the hassle of waiting for support, here is Tesla's official download link for 22.41.2 (Gen3 wall connector): WC3-NA-22412-20221130-db42f98c0aafddprodsigned.bin

It used to be on this page but as you can see they only offer the latest version to download: Troubleshooting a Gen 3 Wall Connector

(You can verify authenticity of the above firmware link because both the latest one for download and the one I just linked are from tesla-cdn.thron.com)

• Love
Reactions: Sophias_dad
For convenience to save people the hassle of waiting for support, here is Tesla's official download link for 22.41.2 (Gen3 wall connector): WC3-NA-22412-20221130-db42f98c0aafddprodsigned.bin

It used to be on this page but as you can see they only offer the latest version to download: Troubleshooting a Gen 3 Wall Connector

(You can verify authenticity of the above firmware link because both the latest one for download and the one I just linked are from tesla-cdn.thron.com)
Looks like this site's link wrapping/forwarding is causing the download to error out saying it can't download securely. You can click the failed download and select "Keep" to proceed anyway.

So far this has happened twice in a week when public charging at Volta. Under Service->Notifications it shows error code CP_a139. Charging with mobile charger now to see if I get it there.
Public charging stations get a lot of use and abuse. The next time you are at this location use a different charging station if possible. It could just be a broken signaling wire (these are very small gauge wires compared to the wires that carry the power) that causes the interruption. Even the heavy duty charging connectors get worn out in just a few years when subjected to this type of use.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H and whsbuss
Public charging stations get a lot of use and abuse. The next time you are at this location use a different charging station if possible. It could just be a broken signaling wire (these are very small gauge wires compared to the wires that carry the power) that causes the interruption. Even the heavy duty charging connectors get worn out in just a few years when subjected to this type of use.
You’re probably right. I came home and connected the mobile connector and no issues at all.